How Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Fast

While you're here.. Is "Tyre" a RC thing or just European? I've been getting into RC and I noticed it's pretty popular over seas so most of the forums are european and they use "tyre" a lot instead of "tire".

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Tyre is an english term. It relates to the rubber that surrounds the main wheel hub lol.

"tire" on the other and is a term used where you run out of energy and need to rest :)

Thanks for the stats though, very interesting. Mine too s a gap import. Did they leave the US with the limiter in place?

Cheers

Peter

Comment

lmao, tell Tireman that. It's an acceptable variant spelling apparently, but with every version of tyre, there was a little sidenote that said British.

Chyrs! :)

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Sorry about the "British English" but I am abrit and a bit of an old fart so I forget things sometimes. I worked with alot of Americans while I worked in the Middle East and it was always a topic of conversation.

By the way what is "RC"

Cheers

Comment

Oh it's no problem, I don't think it upset anyone lol, I was curious.

RC is short for radio controlled. I just got into those recently and a lot of RC forums are in europe. I've been looking up reviews on rc drift tires (btw rc drifting is really fun once you get the hang of it) and tyres came up a lot. So naturally I was curious if tyre was just an RC term or a general european/British thing.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ok, I see, yes that's very popular over here, I'm not sure about the "drifting" side of it but the racing is a BIG thing. They have it on TV and they go like hell. We have only been getting big on drifting real cars over the last couple of years, it seems to take us a while to catch on to things lol.

Have fun

Cheers

Comment

If you get a chance to drive one of those RC drift cars do it! Just be super easy on the throttle or else it's like trying to drive on ice. I thought it looked kinda stupid the first time I saw some vids but it's actually a lot of fun. And naturally exponentially cheaper than modifying or repairing real cars.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X