Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Hose...$170!!!!!

The heater hose that is mounted on the left of the engine as you view
    the engine from the front looking under the hood. As you can see in the attached photo...it needs to be replaced I am told but the cost is
    very, very high and only avail from Chevy Dealer.
    Does anyone know a good high temp tape I can use to shore it up. the one at Advanced Auto is almost $20 for a tiny roll of high temp tape.
    Any ideas? Replaced the radiator, and therm this weekend.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PalmHarbor; 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM. Reason: photo to attach

Re: Heater Hose...$170!!!!!

Theres a place that sells metal fittings for the heater hoses then just use reg. heater hose to tie into the rest of the hose.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks...how about some specific details...who are they? do they sell on line?
      How does it work as this hose is rather long and fits under the engine.

Comment

Just did alittle search heres the site http://www.v6fixit.com/
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I believe the GM OEM repair fittings aim forward so you can loop the hoses forward and down to go along the frame rail like original equipment factory hose set.

Anyway, I have a brand new pair of the GM OEM fitings still in unopened plastic wrap that I'll sell for $50/the pair + shipping from 87935 & paypal fee (3%).

Stan C 915-204-3520 or sczacki@utep.edu

Comment

I've got a used original heater hose assembly I'll sell for $40 + shipping. I can provide pics if you are interested.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I bought the kit today!

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                Thanks for the information. I bought the kit today!
                No problem, its the same one I'm running on my car. No problems so far.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X