Fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump

I was told today that my fuel pump is dieing so it needs to be replaced. \i will be having a mechanic do it but I want to know if I go with the walbro which pump do I need and how hard is it to adapt the system to the walbro?

Re: Fuel pump

the only reason you would need a walbo is if your car has heavy mods. if not just get a stock one.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
      the only reason you would need a walbo is if your car has heavy mods. if not just get a stock one.
      agreed. but then again, the price difference its pretty slim, so i might go with the walbro anyway if i were you! they are only like 110 or something.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

My walbro 255 has been in my car since 02' and still runing strong, not bad for $110.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

the walbro is alot cheaper but the mechanic is say8ng thats not the problem so were at a loss. its popping and has no power when i give it more than 1/4 pedal and its over 2k. the A/F ratio is good about 14.7:1 but its not running like that. The fuel overload from the bad injector last week ( that started this whole fiasco) dumped enough fuel that it got to the oil and diluted it. would that have anything to do with this. also the car has only been ran from my house the the shop and i found this problem during my test run around the block

Comment

If enough raw fuel was dumped, it may have destroyed and clogged your cat. Maybe you should check that.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I think its impossible for the fuel to get into the oil , even if the injector was stuck open, I had 6 injectors get stuck open and all they do is puddle in the upper intake and smoke off or if your lucky enough will catch fire, at least thats what mine did. If its popping then I would check the ICM and coils since its spark related or timing also check the sensors on the TB.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thanks for the input. i mentioned the oil because it went from showing an idle pressure of 20ish and hitting max(45-55)by 1200 now it idles at about 15psi and dosent max untill 2k and this happened right after i got it to run following the mot recent hydrolock

Comment

throwing any codes?

Comment

just that i forgot to plug the Coolant temp sensor in after swaping the injectopr

Comment

its an OBD1.5 so without paying some one there is no way that I can find to get my codes checked. all the placed that do free code checks are obd2 only around here

Comment

besides walboros... what options are there? seems like the stockers from advance and autozone are full replacements, not just the pump and in the $250-375 range.
                        Last edited by DAS BOOT; 08-20-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Das its not the fuel pump. My mech is like me scratching his head. He said to check the spark system but I don't know how to see if the coils are good because I checked he plugs and wires before giving it to him. Also I was told to check the egr system which I will but im kinda lost.

Comment

Ok well i have checked over the fuel system and it looks like it is up to par, the spark plugs and wires check out too but I noticed that the popping is not from one side as I though but from the intake. the engine runs pretty well at idle with a slight tap but as you increase the throttle the popping gets very loud and occurs much more rapidly but is consistent not random. Im at a point where i dont know what else to check. I have it at a new mechanic that within a minute of hearing the car said they thought it was a bent valve but there going to look into it before saying thats the case.

Comment

I guess it could be an intake valve not sealing properly, and then the combustion pressure exploding back into the intake. If it wasn't at the mechanic I'd suggest pulling the plug wires one at a time to see which cylinder it is. You'd think there would be a misfire code though, because if the combustion pressure is not driving the piston properly, I would think that the PCM would pick that up, thinking it's a misfire.
                              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X