Gas in the tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas in the tank?

My car has been sitting for about a year and a half and just overwent a complete top end overhaul. I went to drain the gas by disconnecting the plastic fitting at the fuel filter. A little bit of gas came out(just enough to run down my arms and splash a little on my head). I even made sure to open the gas cap. However, when I turned on the key to accessory a few weeks ago it showed half a tank. What gives?

Re: Gas in the tank?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but our filters are on the chassis rail about 1/2 way up? With a line coming outta the fuel pump, not the tank... without the pump on the line will only have what was left in it. You'd have to siphon the tank, or run the fuel pump without the filter connected.

Comment

Lol, I guess you could just keep priming it with the line disconnected.

Comment

Get it low enough about a 1/4 tank and then put in some 91 or 93 octane. That way your fuel pump doesn't over heat.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
          Lol, I guess you could just keep priming it with the line disconnected.
          Heh. This is exactly what I did :)

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Get it low enough about a 1/4 tank and then put in some 91 or 93 octane. That way your fuel pump doesn't over heat.
            I didn't see these last two replies until the deed was done. I drained it totally by priming, then filled it with 4 gallons of 87. I took pictures of the old gas in a white bucket so people can see what it looks like. I'll post it later. I was hoping to get it fired up tonight, but I went to check the oil and pulled on the dipstick a little and it came out! Argh. I've looked and looked but can't find the hole where it goes.\

<EDIT>
            Found my answer regarding the dipstick:
            http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...t=oil+dipstick
            </EDIT>
            Last edited by Inverted; 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: Found answer about dipstick

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X