No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Start

I have a 2000 Camaro with a 3.8L engine, which has 72,000 miles. I was driving down the road and the car began to run rough and die. I don’t have any trouble codes nor did any light come on before the car died. The car turns over great but will not start. I tried to start the car with starting fluid and a little bit of gas and the car started up and ran for 20 seconds before dieing again. This leads me to believe it’s a fuel issue because I started the car manually by adding gas to the throttle body and it ran. I took the car to the garage and they told me the fuel pump was bad and needed to be replaced. I replaced the fuel pump and the car still does not want to start. I do not hear the pump run when the key is turned to the on position, so I believe I might have another problem within the fuel system. I am thinking a relay or a fuse or something like that. Is there any way I can run 12V directly to the fuel pump? Which wires would I need to jump?
    How do I go about tracking this problem down? I am going to get a fuel pressure tester to check the pressure tonight but I am curious if anyone else has any other ideas that might help. I would like to thank you in advance for any ideas that might help
    Mike

Re: No Start

Why don't you check the fuel pump fuse?
    sigpic

Comment

If the shop replaced the pump, make them look at it. They may have installed a bad pump or installed it incorrectly. If you installed it, start with the fuse, then the relay. You may be able to switch the relay with another one to see if it's bad. If those are working and there is no pressure, the fuel pump wires are supposedly black and grey. Check those for power back at the tank. When my pump went out, the dealer said they "probed the wires" which may mean they used those probes with needles to pierce the insulation. However you do it, if there is 12V that far back, your pump is probably dead.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

so it doesn't start yet at the shop when you went to pick it up? If so the shop should still be looking at it. Maybe a bad pump, elect. connection unplugged from install, or something else like a fuse or relay bad
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It sounds like the hose came off the fuel pump.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X