Very noticable increase in power after Hi-Flow cat install. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very noticable increase in power after Hi-Flow cat install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very noticable increase in power after Hi-Flow cat install.

I didnt post this earlier cuzz I was diagnosing a problem with a P0420 code but it seems to have resolved itself.

Anyway though... I have a Y87 / W68 Firebird with the dual exhaust SLP muffler. (I was told its the same muffler that the formula uses). After installing a 2.5" hi-flow cat from Flowmonster (ebay), I noticed a pretty strong increase of power. Now some of this might be reclaimed power I never knew I had from a potentially clogged cat - I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty certain my car is quicker than it was stock. I'm not saying I gained like 20 - 50 HP...it's just...noticable....

Off the line I pulled out the driveway and half gas chirped the tires well into 2nd gear between 15 - 25 MPH... Not to mention it pulls noticably harder. But one thing I REALLY noticed, was an increase in top end power. It pulls between 65 - 85 SO much easier now. Still not like an LS1, but it is definitely more available up top.

Finally, the coolest thing is the sound... It sounds AWSOME. It's louder and has a throaty rumble to it and doesn't rasp out in the higher RPMS or pop / backfire while climbing down the RPMS after letting off the gas. I honestly like the way the stock SLP Mufflers sound much more than the aftermarket Mufflers.

Anyone notice an increase like this just by replacing their catalytic converter?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Very noticable increase in power after Hi-Flow cat install.

you must have had a plugged converter lol
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I changed mine to a Hi-flow cat a year after I did my cat back system. I noticed a decent feel difference. Mine was more in the passing speeds, though it didn't help when my old cat was pulled off the mechanic told me it was partially clogged. Odd that it didn't throw a code, but w/e.
      enjoy the power :rock:

Comment

Did it have a bung for an O2 sensor or did you have to weld one on?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X