Injectors, fuel pump or something else? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injectors, fuel pump or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injectors, fuel pump or something else?

Ok first here are the symptoms...when stopped at a light in drive afr's are around 15 and suddenly goes to lean around 17 to blank and the car also sounds like its about to stall but idle is good..while driving everything is fine..no stumble or anything..when the car is coming to a stop it backfires like crazy like if i have launch control...basically anytime i take my foot off the gas it happens..when starting the car everything is perfect except if i start the car like 30mins later there is a puff of black smoke for 1 second and it goes away.....thats all the symptoms i can think of..car still runs strong..just the sound of it like its gonna stall i hate..Also it doesnt smell like raw fuel at all...it smells more lean

So far i put new plugs in (ngk tr55) new egr assembly, seafoamed, and new fuel filter. I cleaned sensors and the tb. I tried chevrons techron fuel system cleaner...car ran fine for close to half tank then it happened again..my friends dad that is a mechanic told me to try some octane boost to see if its the grade of gas i use. I tried it with my usual 87 octane it worked for a little while..even the backfire stopped..but everything lasted 20mins and it happened again..this week i tried using 89 octane and some lucas injector cleaner..but everything still seems to be the same. what do you guys think?

My only performance mods are: Headers, cai, 3" exhaust flow masters with no cat and 1.6 roller rockers

Re: Injectors, fuel pump or something else?

Sounds like a bad tune on it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what are you using to monitor the a/f ratio?

stock tune?

check for vac leaks already?

What is your fuel psi at idle? cruise?
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

no guys its not tuned or anything...just stock right now...im using the aem wideband...yea i checked for leaks already and found none....i sprayed brake clean on all the hoses and no change in the idle...my next resort was to check the fuel psi

Comment

yes you need to monitor the fuel psi for sure
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
            yes you need to monitor the fuel psi for sure
            ok thanks...noo problem i will try that out today

Comment

soo today i went looking for a fuel psi tester and i gave up looking after the second auto zone i tried...first one i went to they wanted info about my car year, make etc...and i was like why? its just something to do a test with...so then they ask the manager and she gives me 2 compression testers that clearly says compression test...i said noo i want a fuel psi tester!! then they show me the isle that has those sunpro gauges thinking im looking for a 2" gauge soo i left and head to the other one...the other one knew what i was talking about but didnt have any and said the other auto zone has a few..(the one i just came from) i was like wtf?!! i wish they gave people that actually knows basic stuff about cars jobs there...this is why i order online...soo thats what im going to end up doing...soo it might be a while till i let you guys know about the psi...plz dont forget me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X