Can I use a Hi-Flow Ebay Cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a Hi-Flow Ebay Cat?

I am most likely going to have to replace the Bank 1 Cat... Can I replace with a Hi-Flow cat? What are the dimensions I'll need for a 2002 Firebird? Thanks.
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Can I use a Hi-Flow Ebay Cat?

magnaflow 3" in/out

Comment

Bank1 sounds like an 02 sensor location. I recently replaced my cat with a magnaflow 3" in/out along with new 02 sensors in it. No codes yet.
      96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
        magnaflow 3" in/out
        X2, Just had one put in my 99 yesterday and Im really pleased with it. 90 bucks from autozone. I dont think a ebay cat would last long, spend the extra green so you dont have to replace it again.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...ewCat&catId=84
          go with one of these. If you arent going to upgrade to a 3"exhaust just get the 2.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
            http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...ewCat&catId=84
            go with one of these. If you arent going to upgrade to a 3"exhaust just get the 2.5"
            Yea I think that'll work... Im not ganna upgrade the exhaust system any time soon. I just need to replace the cat so I can take it on a long road trip.

I might S/C or Turbo it in the future but its going to be atleast a year from now. Other stuff has come up

Comment

Originally posted by MegaHertz View Post
              Bank1 sounds like an 02 sensor location. I recently replaced my cat with a magnaflow 3" in/out along with new 02 sensors in it. No codes yet.
              Wondering, do you believe its a bad O2 sensor? I just replaced the front ones. Lets say one of them was loose or something, would this code appear?

Comment

A bad cat can fry o2 sensors as well as just set codes due to improper exhaust flow and temps. Do u have a loss of power especially in the upper RPMs? After a long hard drive the CAT can end up glowing red due to exhaust heat building up. These are signs of bad cat that can lead to o2 sensor failure (along with egr). If not I would figure out which of the 02 sensors the code is refering too and replace that. (there are 3 on mine I believe - on before and after cat and one in one of the exhaust manifolds.) I'm not sure what year but I think later on they had 4 with one in each exhaust manifold as mine is a 96.
                96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

I just went reading through OBD trouble codes and bank1 codes can refer to CAT performance but they apply to lots of other circuits as well. What is the number of the code you are getting?

Comment

Originally posted by megahertz View Post
                    i just went reading through obd trouble codes and bank1 codes can refer to cat performance but they apply to lots of other circuits as well. What is the number of the code you are getting?
                    p0420

Comment

what is the exact code you are getting? And yea you only have one cat. conv. on your car
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X