Idle strangeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle strangeness

Alright so its good sitting still, in gear or with the clutch in, but when I coast in neutral, no clutch it bounces. Drops to 500 and jumps to 1300-1400... repeats till I hit the clutch. Shenanigans...

Re: Idle strangeness

does it do it with the a/c on or off, try switching between the two. A/C on it should even out.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yeah it does it with AC on as well..

Comment

Might want to clean your IAC to see if that works.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Location? That's what I thought, I just don't know where it is..

Comment

You have a newer TB setup so I don't know.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Lame sauces.

Comment

IAT for our cars is in the bellow between the air box and the TB. In the round tube before the scilencer. It pulls right out, and is the only thing with a wire going to it up there. you could also pull out your MAP and clean it, make sure its not carbon clogged. Its on the passenger side towards the back on the upper intake manifold.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Alright I thought the IAC was just an intake sensor... I'll clean both tonight.

Comment

damn, I read it wrong. I was wondering what steve was talking about with the IAT, that wouldn't cause it to run funny, but he knows his stuff so I just went with it. Please excuse the bad info. The IAC is the round thing, i can see it in my head clear as day, I just dont know where to put it! lol. I dont have anything to go off of except memories.
                    Team NoVa

Comment

Seems like It was a dirty IAC. Cleaned it out and we're all good. Thanks guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X