Stupidly loud whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidly loud whining

Car exhibits a very loud whining noise when I have the A/C on, and starting from a stop. I usually have to turn off the A/C until I get up to speed, as that noise is just freaking embarrassing.

What's my best course of action?

Re: Stupidly loud whining

New belt, new pulley or belt tensioner.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Before you get a new pulley, I'd see if you can pop off the seal around the bearings and take a look at the condition of the grease and load 'er up if it needs it. That stopped one of mine from squealing, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
        Before you get a new pulley, I'd see if you can pop off the seal around the bearings and take a look at the condition of the grease and load 'er up if it needs it. That stopped one of mine from squealing, at least.
        I've never been able to pop those seals off without damaging it, wrong tools for the job maybe, but how do you do it?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

just leave it... my cars been down a few months so that i can get it to make some whining noises. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
            I've never been able to pop those seals off without damaging it, wrong tools for the job maybe, but how do you do it?
            I never tried it on the 3.8 but on my LS1, I take the pulley off and then get a tiny, sharp flathead screwdriver and carefully pry up the seal. Doesn't damage it a bit.

It may not even work on those pulleys, though.

Comment

I'll check these things out when I get the time. 70 hour weeks are no bueno.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X