Throttle body gasket? 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body gasket? 3.4

Hey guys I just redid my LIM because it was leaking oil. I finished and everything was good except when I got the car started it was idling at 2 grand I sprayed cleaner on the engine and found a vaccum leak on the top of the throttle body. The kit came with three gaskets and I figured I used the right one. What could be causing the air leak and why isnt the gasket keeping the car from vaccuming. I dont wanna tighten it to tight and break the upper intake manifold. Can I just make a gasket out of some blue or red gasket maker?

Oh yeah big ups to funkz!!! He said in a posted earlier that to set the valve lash on the 3.4's you only needed to eyeball 31/2 to 4 threads on the rocker nut and he was right because it worked no TDC or any of that bull ****..... Just wanted to give credit where credit is due it really helped me.

Re: Throttle body gasket? 3.4

You can use some RTV instead of a gasket just make sure it's o2 sensor safe and only use a thin film. When you have it apart check the throttle body and manifold surfaces with a straight edge to make sure they are flat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X