coil pack bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil pack bolt

anyone have an idea of how to remove the bolt that hold the coil pack on? it got rounded off and i tried using vicegrips but they just keep slipping off. I wanted to buy the socket set used to removed the stripped boltsbut i cant find a set for that sized bolt that doesnt cost $+100 for a whole set when i just need one socket. any ideas would help greatly, thanks

Re: coil pack bolt

a long shot but find a socket that is just barely too small and heat it with a torch to expand it. then try and force it on. it may be tight enough for it to grip then

Comment

5.5 MM socket. That is the size the bolt is. Sears has them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
        5.5 MM socket. That is the size the bolt is. Sears has them.
        i have the 5.5mm socket for it but the bolt is rounded off so it just slips, or are you saying they have a 5.5mm socket to remove the rounded off bolt?

rdoms6 the next smaller socket i have is a 5 mm, idk if that would be too small

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
          i have the 5.5mm socket for it but the bolt is rounded off so it just slips, or are you saying they have a 5.5mm socket to remove the rounded off bolt?

rdoms6 the next smaller socket i have is a 5 mm, idk if that would be too small

Is it a 6 point or 12 point? 6 points work better. You might try a piece of paper between the socket and bolt head.
          sigpic

Comment

i believe its a 6 point

Comment

File flats on two sides then redo vice grips.
              Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
              Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

^^^thats what im going to try. went to sears, menards, ace, oreillys, advance, autozone and none had the right size bolt extractor. the vice grips barely grabbed they just kept sliding off but im going to give them a try by filing the, like zlexiss said

Comment

im thinking about just removing the ICM and then using a bolt extractor to get the bolt out. How do you remove the ICM is it just bolted down?

Comment

removing the ICM makes things easier. Yes bolts and the connectors

Comment

how many bolts? and where are the connectors? thanks

Comment

3 bolts. 2 in the top going down and one in the front. Connector is in the back and also bolts in. Easier to get to after you remove the 3 bolts and can move the assembly around.
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X