oh noes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh noes

magnetic drain plug full of metal shavings :( last oil change was fine.. i have also noticed a small noise when the car is cold it increases with rpms i thought it was piston slap... i am sad =\
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: oh noes

So then what do you do, just live with it until it dies? Or is it worthwhile to tear it down before then and possibly salvage some of the parts? My mom has a 3.1 Grand prix that's had the piston slap problem for several years. I've never told her because she'd freak.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

cut open your oil filter and see how much is in there.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

fix it now...you might be able to save it with out having to get it machined
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

How much piston slap? Mine will do it for up to 5 seconds when it's cold out and first start of the day sometimes. A little piston slap is fairly common on a 3800. Anything more and you're looking to spend some money or ride it out.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X