Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Issues. Help appreciated.

This is my 2000 a4 Camaro.

things i've done to try and fix the car lately.

Use to have a missfire problem So plugs were changed, TR6's for N/x
    Wires were changed. MSD's 2.5
    and Coil packs were changed as well.

After that i had replaced the TB

I don't have a before and after but, It barely idle'd with my other TB.

So i'm probably going to take it in pretty soon, Unless anyone else has experienced this kinda crap.

Codes im getting.

DTC P1221 Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Low
    DTC P1516 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance
    DTC P1515 Electronic Throttle System Throttle Position

and its weird because, i can clear the codes and then hear something in my TB like click, maybe drop, like right after it says codes erased, then i can start it and and then rev it and then im back to where i am now,
    but I think only one code came back and it was the p1221 or something either way it act'd a bit calmer, but the other codes will obviously return.

Here is a Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRds3JmXy_U

of when it is going retarded.. just kind of an idea, didn't take one when it was calmer though.

thinking I probably need another "new" throttle body.

Thank you in advance.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Re: Camaro Issues. Help appreciated.

Andre, it's pouting because it has to share a garage with a Mazda Miata... To fix the problem; get rid of the Mazda.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
      Andre, it's pouting because it has to share a garage with a Mazda Miata... To fix the problem; get rid of the Mazda.
      yesir

Comment

If anyone could chime in on this that would be awesome, considering taking it in tomorrow, What can i do about a whacky TAC?

Comment

What have you already replaced on the car? BTW, throwing parts at this problem is going to do nothing but cost you money, and not fix the problem, hence the money spent on the plugs, wires, and TB. Stop throwing money at it, and diagnose it.

If you do want to throw money on a good investment, a GM service manual would be IDEAL for this situation. You can find them for $50 to $100, and will give you a good start.

Now....are these the same codes the car has always been popping?
          Last edited by Mogobs30th; 02-17-2011, 05:28 PM.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
            What have you already replaced on the car? BTW, throwing parts at this problem is going to do nothing but cost you money, and not fix the problem, hence the money spent on the plugs, wires, and TB. Stop throwing money at it, and diagnose it.

If you do want to throw money on a good investment, a GM service manual would be IDEAL for this situation. You can find them for $50 to $100, and will give you a good start.

Now....are these the same codes the car has always been popping?
            No they arent the same codes. go to my old thread the see the old ones.

No i am not throwing money at my car. as i wrote in the description TR6's for the nitrous i'm running.
            MSD's just for the sake of new wires. Didnt get them because my car was acting up.

TB fixed my throttle position sensor going bad, VIA GM Service Reference.

But i have been thinking about getting a hayne's manual. that's more-less the same thing anyways.
            Last edited by ACiFiC; 02-17-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
              No they arent the same codes. go to my old thread the see the old ones.

No i am not throwing money at my car. as i wrote in the description TR6's for the nitrous i'm running.
              MSD's just for the sake of new wires. Didnt get them because my car was acting up.

TB fixed my throttle position sensor going bad, VIA GM Service Reference.

But i have been thinking about getting a hayne's manual. that's more-less the same thing anyways.
              Comparing a haynes manual to a GM service manual is like calling a cocktail napkin a Sham-Wow.

You're not running NO2 on your car with these problems are you?
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                Comparing a haynes manual to a GM service manual is like calling a cocktail napkin a Sham-Wow.

You're not running NO2 on your car with these problems are you?
                just remembered i had downloaded the GM Service manual and parts manual via pdf a while ago i think.

heck no! Its receiving the reduced engine power as well, i can't exceed 25mph or 2500 rpms. lol.

Comment

Grab a multimeter and start checking voltages. Electrical problems suck. Oh, and don't run those plugs all the time. Get TR55's for N/A and DONT use TR6's on spray. You need a non-projected tip plug. Plugs are cheap and easy to change. Wes can vouch for how many plugs I go through. I try to keep 32-40 on hand at all times.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                    Grab a multimeter and start checking voltages. Electrical problems suck. Oh, and don't run those plugs all the time. Get TR55's for N/A and DONT use TR6's on spray. You need a non-projected tip plug. Plugs are cheap and easy to change. Wes can vouch for how many plugs I go through. I try to keep 32-40 on hand at all times.

yeah was wondering if it was an electrical thing.. what plugs are you running?

Comment

Ngk br7ef
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                        Ngk br7ef
                        every thread i read advised tr6's for the spacing and etc. what do the br7ef's have to offer if you don't mind explaining?

Comment

http://www.justautorepair.com/chevro...dtc-p1515.html

According to this the 1515 and 1516 are the electronic pedal and the throttle body not agreeing on where the throttle position should be. I would check the connections at your pedal and on the throttle body again. Try taking off your N2O wide open throttle switch and see if that helps. Maybe it is slowing down the throttle blade movement and causing this problem.

Everything I see on a google search for the P1221 (DTC P1221 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1- 2 Correlation) shows throttle position sensor problems........

Comment

Originally posted by bluex View Post
                            http://www.justautorepair.com/chevro...dtc-p1515.html

According to this the 1515 and 1516 are the electronic pedal and the throttle body not agreeing on where the throttle position should be. I would check the connections at your pedal and on the throttle body again. Try taking off your N2O wide open throttle switch and see if that helps. Maybe it is slowing down the throttle blade movement and causing this problem.

Everything I see on a google search for the P1221 (DTC P1221 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1- 2 Correlation) shows throttle position sensor problems........
                            I was reading issues about pedal assemblies, hmm i will take her in and try to find out for sure what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                              every thread i read advised tr6's for the spacing and etc. what do the br7ef's have to offer if you don't mind explaining?
                              That was old info. The TR6's are a projected tip plug, where the BR7EF's are non-projected. A projected tip plug might as well be a blowtorch in your combustion chamber.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X