Crank Pulley (Powerbond Brand? ZZP?) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crank Pulley (Powerbond Brand? ZZP?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crank Pulley (Powerbond Brand? ZZP?)

It says in the description that it has extra groves for the s/c belt.

"this 8 rib crank pulley installs and mounts just like stock with the benefit of 2 extra gooves for using an 8 rib supercharger belt."

Comment

The pulley has been installed. NOTE: For this pulley to work you will need to get a crank bolt from a supercharged or counter balanced 3800 engine. The bolt we have is way too short. Some video stuff will follow once my ISP is back online. I've been deprived of normal internet for 48+ hours now due to damage from rolling black outs. I'm tethering over AT&T 3G now.

So far it seems to balance well. No wobbling! The car seems to rev much much cleaner now and not shake at idle. The pulley is a bit heavier than ours, but not by a whole lot. Didn't notice any power loss. The revs just as quick and take off strong. Things are just smoother and better now.

Soon we shall see if I can get it to misfire again after staying in high RPM for a long time. I'll go around a this very long bend by my house in low gear and high rpm tomorrow. I've ruled everything else out so I'm hoping the wobbling crank pulley was causing this phantom misfire and now it's fixed.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joesperformance View Post
        It says in the description that it has extra groves for the s/c belt.

"this 8 rib crank pulley installs and mounts just like stock with the benefit of 2 extra gooves for using an 8 rib supercharger belt."
        It also has a 6 rib option. Which I thought would be a non-SC pulley. Obviously I was wrong. I'm not accusing ZZP of anything and I did get the pulley working and so far I'm very happy with it's performance.
        sigpic

Comment

glad u got it put on and installed. I didnt even notice it had an option for the 6-rib, lol. At least its working for u, I didnt see why it wouldnt, even with it having the extra belt guide. Is the belt lining up still or is it off a lil? just make sure belt is straight and not angled a lil and rubbing on the side of belt, otherwise u'll be goin thru belt's really fast.

Comment

Here are some videos of this thing in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ub0BQrg7E&hd=1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwC74ALJxlc&hd=1

The belt is lined up fine. It really seems like its going to work well for my needs. It just sucked having to get a bigger crank bolt from a supercharged 3800 since they're not that common. Found 2 engines at 1 junk yard in the end tho! :)
            sigpic

Comment

which yard u go to?

Comment

Hmm, I'm looking into a powerbond for future improvements. The extra pulley could be a good provision for an oil sump for other stuff later :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X