A/C / Heat Vent questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C / Heat Vent questions

My air will blow out of the floor eventhough I have the vent settings on face. I couldnt really tell if there was a Vac leak or not but maybe this will help. Last night when I turned on the heat it was coming out of the Vents after about 6 mins of running out of the floor. So at that point I left the settings on vent and turned off the car and went in the house. Then I went back outside and started the car and it was still coming out of the vent ( Yay ) So this morning I go outside and its coming out of the floor again eventhough it was set for the vents... So that would eliminate the problem being the door wouldn't it?

Re: A/C / Heat Vent questions

It's most likely a vacuum leak. There is a T in the vacuum line, I think it's on the passenger side kind of by the computer. Check that, I've read that it can crack with age. Otherwise, you just have to check the vacuum lines for leaks or cracks. Look in Haynes or Chilton's, I think they have vacuum schematics. A hand-held vacuum pump will help too.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
      It's most likely a vacuum leak. There is a T in the vacuum line, I think it's on the passenger side kind of by the computer. Check that, I've read that it can crack with age. Otherwise, you just have to check the vacuum lines for leaks or cracks. Look in Haynes or Chilton's, I think they have vacuum schematics. A hand-held vacuum pump will help too.
      this is a good suggestion.

my car also did this, but the problem fixed itself after a few days

Comment

could be the flap that sends the air that goes where it needs to go. that is behind the heatcore
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Does anybody have a picture of where that T is so I can look at it specifically?

Comment

It looks like this ----> T
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I saw that and it seems that everythings okay.. I did push them in some more and it didnt blow out of the floor as long this time. Anybody know where those hoses lead to?

Comment

it opens and closes the flap that directs the air.
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Look to see which hose goes into the firewall, that's the one that is going to your HVAC controls. Here is where the vacuum pump is needed. You hook the pump up to that hose and pull a vacuum. Then you check to see if the HVAC control works. If it does, you know that section is OK. Then you start working your way back toward the vacuum resorvoir, which looks like a plastic ball. This ball is usually somewhere hidden up front, like behind the headlights. I'm not sure exactly where it is on our cars, but you may need to find it. Just follow the vacuum lines. I'm not sure if the T we discussed earlier has the check valve, but there is a check valve somewhere that allows the vacuum reservoir to hold its vacuum. You may need to check that too.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Vacuum reserve is located on the underside of the passenger frame rail behind the bumper cover.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

The T connection Bell is talking about is just left of the heater core hoses and the heater core and just right of the passenger side hood hinge. It may not look like your normal T vacuum fitting, more like a very small canister with three vacuum hoses going to it. Mine just got a needle tip sized hole in it and it was enough to make my a/c and heat go to the defroster and the feet area only. Turn the car on and set the a/c on, pop the hood and follow the vacuum line from the intake manifold to the tee listening for a hissing sound. If you find it and plug it I bet your dash vents end up working again. I'll see if I can get a pic of mine to give you an idea of exactly what I'm talking about.
                      Last edited by rtsoul; 07-20-2011, 06:49 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X