I've had it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had it!

Even the most simplest things about this car is so sophisticated it isn't funny then sometimes to get simple replacement parts its telephone numbers in price!.

I go to get my windshield wipers replaced today from my old Jerry rigged set up to something better and improved and nothing at autozone worked from Rain X, we tried several diffrent brands and nothing worked. We opened up like 10 different brands of wiper blades trying to figure out which one had a proper adapter. GM did a retarded design by pointing the wiper arm hooks facing up rather than facing down conventionally. Not any other car I have worked on or has seen has had this retarded set up, not even my neighbors Countach or Maserti has it like this. So we call up the dealership and they $75 for replacement through them and I said I've had it with this car.

Suspension is going to cost me 3k for replacement and nobody here has it, not even the junkyards but they have plenty of 3rd gens sitting around.:mad:

Everytime something goes bad with this car nobody has parts and they send me to a GM dealership and then they wanna rape me with their ridculous prices. I should have bought a Porsche! atleast thats understandable why it costs so much but **** this car is a pure money pit. I'm shopping the car in the market, hopefully I can trade it for something more "simplified" than this, I look at designs like this and think how stupid they are for doing it like that.

GM wonder's why they are losing in sales because of stupid designs like that.
    Last edited by VF1Skullangel; 10-26-2010, 06:28 PM.

Re: I've had it!

what do you have? i have never had a problem replacing the windshield wipers on my camaro.

Comment

I had Rain X wipers on my Camaro...
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        what do you have? i have never had a problem replacing the windshield wipers on my camaro.
        It's a 1996 camaro. the Wiper Arm hooks are pointed up rather than pointed down towards the windshield like most vehicles.

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
        I had Rain X wipers on my Camaro...

The later model Camaro's like yours don't have the wiper arms hooks like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
          It's a 1996 camaro. the Wiper Arm hooks are pointed up rather than pointed down towards the windshield like most vehicles.

The later model Camaro's like yours don't have the wiper arms hooks like mine.
          Only GM stocks them. I was fortunate ONCE to get wipers for my '95 from NAPA, but it was the last set of a discontinued line. Up until earlier this year, I was having to actually get the wipers from a dealer due to the fact the hook points up instead of down, but I got a newer set of wiper arms from a 2002 TA. Was able to get a better choice of wiper blades with those arms that have the hook that points down.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
            ....and nothing at autozone worked...
            Other than normal maintenance stuff like oil and cleaners, I stay the hell out of Autozone. That place seriously sucks balls. I would not buy ONE part for either of my cars from Autozone, and if it something specialty like a wiper blade, they're not going to have it.

I don't buy filters, wiper blades, parts, batteries, bulbs, anything from that atrocity of a store. Find somewhere else to shop. NAPA and Carquest are leaps and bounds better than the **** they stock at Autozone, even if the Autozone stuff is somewhat name-brand (FRAM for example, junk filters).
            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

can you swap wiper arms with a newer year?

Comment

Its an old car man, what do you expect. It's going to take patience and continued maintenance to keep it road worthy. It's hard to get parts because its an old car but I do agree somethings are nearly impossible to do in these cars.

But man when they are running right, it feels awesome.
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I swapped out to the 98+ arms years ago, for maybe $20 used? And they look so much better.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

heres what you need Trico Exact Fit 24-9R wipers fit just like stock for the 93-97 camaro.
                    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Comment

hmm...canadian tire stocks the stuff all the time for us over here...what suspension is going to cost you 3 grand?? you can get an entire aftermarket setup for less than that...replacing every single part...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I got exact fit replacements from Napa less than a year ago. I know what you mean though for years I could not find anything that was correct. Napa had them in the back room, I had to ask the guy working there about them. Wish I had the product number but I do not. I am going back soon to replace one of them I will try to get the model number.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                          can you swap wiper arms with a newer year?
                          yes. Their essentially the same, other than the hook pointing one way to another. But just as FirebirdGT said, they're cheap to swap. Any 98+ year car has the hook pointing down.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                            Its an old car man, what do you expect. It's going to take patience and continued maintenance to keep it road worthy. It's hard to get parts because its an old car but I do agree somethings are nearly impossible to do in these cars.

But man when they are running right, it feels awesome.

It's one thing to say its an old car but when its an old car with stupid GM design like the windshield wiper arm hooks and nobody has parts for this POS I can't say much else, I know guys with exotic cars that are 30+Years old and don't experience stupid problems like this.

3k for replacement suspension? I've had it with this POS car and anything GM. And they wonder why they are losing to Toyota, I'm in the market for an MR2 or Supra now and if I get the chance I'm kickin this POS to the curb... I wouldn't have these issues if GM designed a better more simple car rather than making **** complicated and expensive where only dealerships can solve then they wanna charge you up the *** for labor.

At this point I'm very dissatisfied with my car. I have invested so much into this car I might as well should have bought a used Lotus Esprit or an early Viper.
                            Last edited by VF1Skullangel; 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Where the F** are you getting $3,000 suspension at? Better be an upgrade on EVERYTHING to spend that kind of money.

EVERY car has its problems, and EVERY car has something thats a PITA about it. GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Honda, MB, BMW, Audi.....all of them. Cars simply aren't cheap to maintain in general.

But I seriously don't know where you're getting those prices from....
                              1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X