auto-tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto-tap

i was looking on thunder-racing's website and was just wondering...what exactly is included in the two different p/n for autotap that they sell. one is $280 and the other is like $480. One says diagnostic software and the other says scanner...? Is the scanner one just for someone who doesn't have a laptop they can hook up the cables/software to? my roommate already has a laptop but i wouldn't mind finding an older 286/386 laptop that i can use at my dispense if the auto-tap tools i needed only cost $280.

The one for $280 is only for GM vehicles, while the one for $490 is for GM, Ford, and Chrysler. Either way, you need a laptop.

Matt
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

thanks, i answered my own question but my browser was screwing up and i couldn't edit my post [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

obd-2 is cheaper. Only like 125.

I was thinking more of http://www.obd-2.com

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: Seppo Kaitainen ]</p>
        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

http://www.obd2.com/

Matt
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X