free mod ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free mod ideas

[img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] this site rocks!! i just bought a 98 firebird with a 3.8 last week and stumbled across this site..so far i've cut out the baffles in myair lid and installed washers underneath the box also..plan on putting in the pvc pipe in the morning...any other free mods ya guys could throw my way would be greatly appreciated...
    98 bird Y87 SLP cai Msd Super Conducters Msd coils Splitfire Triple Platinums big bad Corvette servo

some people descreen their MAFs and you might hear about a free IAT transistor mod... being as you have a '98, stay away from the MAF mod and don't try the IAT transistor mod; it doesn't work, period.

you can P&P your throttle body, though.

http://www.glue.umd.edu/%7Ekraeuter/...structions.pdf

has a good tutorial. enjoy your new machine :D

Comment

IF you can handle the noise, you can unhook your catback exhaust right above the small bolt on crossmember. Noit the best sounding but frees up the exhaust a little.

Also, for a track only mod pulling the drivebelt, but be very very very careful doing this since your car will not be running a waterpump your car will overheat very fast. I only do it when its dead cold, and shut my car down right away afterwards.

Also weight reduction is free, and helps every aspect of the car(acceleration, handling)

Comment

TB bypass only cost about $1.00 at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

Comment

TB bypass on the 3.8's involves pulling the TB and plugging the hole (either spacer or plug works), not just the clamp and nipple adapter like on the 3.4's and V8's.
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

How would plugging the hole benifit any?
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00:
              How would plugging the hole benifit any?
              It keeps the hotter-than-air coolant from circulating throught the throttle body keeping it cooler, which theoretically would keep the air from heating up as much as it passes throught the throttle body.

The only problem with this theory is that the intake manifold is still hot and the air heats up when it gets to the manifold anyway, but hey, every little bit helps I guess.

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=10;t=001554

In particular, 12SecondV6's idea: remove the weather stripping at the base of the windshield to get cold air into the engine compartment.

[ May 10, 2004, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: South Tampa V6 ]
              01 Camaro A4 Convertible

Comment

is it alright if i take the MAF screen off my 2000?
                2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

Originally posted by chadder:
                  is it alright if i take the MAF screen off my 2000?
                  I did it and had no problems...

I took the retaing clip and screen out very carefully looks 100% normal, and I coudl return it if I wanted to in 5 seconds. So if you take it out carefully when you put it back in its a cinch.

[ May 10, 2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

Comment

on the 98's you cant do the pvc intake because of the angled TB, you can use dryer duct but imo it sucks, ive had it rip and ive had it crush together when i floored it. but try it if you want
                    1998 green camaro, bear rotors.<br />It\'s not how much money you have, It\'s how many toys you have.

Comment

found that out about the pvc this morning...which dryer vent type did ya use?? i bought the aluminum kind today and drove around for awhile checked it a few times. seems okay so far...i know they make it in a white plastic version to..it made a noticable difference at cruising speeds...it'll make do until i can get the real stuff in hopefully..
                      98 bird Y87 SLP cai Msd Super Conducters Msd coils Splitfire Triple Platinums big bad Corvette servo

Comment

the aluminum stuff heats up, you need to get teh flexible stuff and put it on tightly. it wont rip, just be smart
                        96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X