What is wrong with my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is wrong with my car?

Possibly. Gotta remember that the PCM is moderately keeping track of the amount of air entering the engine, and balancing that air with the proper amount of fuel needed to create an optimum air/fuel ratio. If there is air getting into the intake of the engine that the PCM doesn't know about, its creating a lean air/fuel mixture.

Whether or not its creating the reduced engine thing is regardless, get the vacuum leaks fixed, go from there. Almost impossible to diagnose one problem when another is right in front of your face.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Yeah, just figured i would ask since it was somewhat on the topic, but im going to try and fix the problem then i guess im going to post back and go from there..thanks again.
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Looked around this weekend, could hear the vacuum leak, because i had no one to rev the car for me, but where are some common leak areas, i just swapped out my TB and added in the 3/4 spacer, but im pretty sure that isn't my problem, the gasket and everything seemed to seal good.

also not sure what to look for interms of vacuum lines and etc & wondering if anyone can tell me what the clicking noise is after my engine is turned off,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXKXWJTKE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLdsSgGCkw

here are the links again incase you didnt want to scroll up
        Last edited by ACiFiC; 10-17-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Clicking noise could be the BCM , mine has done it before, or maybe something in the fuse panel area. Finally your car is posesssed and wants a LS1. LOL Good luck with it. Also I just thought maybe it could be the FPR ater its turned off maybe fuel is blowing by or injectors. Just guessing, but I have heard that sound before in mine and it was electrical I think. I would ditch the spacer unless you are going to use it for spraying nitrous otherwise it a waste, mine was made out of some plastic matiaral and got corroided from the inside and antifreezze was getting sucked into the engine, I got real lucky with that one from blowing a $4000 engine.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah its made out of this plastic type material.. but i only have it for my nitrous nozzle.

Comment

just about to bite the bullet and have somone take a look at it if no one can help me

Comment

I think the clicking noise is a relay. Have you tried using a piece of hose as a stethoscope to listen around for the leak? You could also use it to pinpoint the clicking... If you have a helper to start and stop the engine.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Relay from where? and no, i've never heard the stethoscope thing, but i am open to suggestions.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X