Egr issue maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egr issue maybe?

Hey a few weeks ago i had my ses light come on so I took it to autozone to get it scanned and it said that there was some sort of issue with one of my egr valves but I was assured to ignore the problem and was told it would go away. Over the course of these few weeks I have noticed a big drop in gas millage, a loss of power, and also it smells like gas at idle. Also my ses light is on almost all of the time now. I was wondering if these are all things to do with my egr issue and if so should I just replace it? because ignoring it dosent seem to do anything lol.
    thanks in advance for any help

Re: Egr issue maybe?

you can try cleaning it first.

also what was the SES code?

Comment

I wrote it down but lost the paper. Last time I went to autozone to get it again i locked up the code reader lol. Im gonna go back tomorrow before work and post what it says.
      Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

That sounds like a bad egr though. I would clean it and see if that helps. Or just delete it

Comment

Yeah the egr cools combustion temps so when it not working gas mileage goes bye bye..... Check wire connections and tubes just for kicks, how many miles are on it? I have one BTW

Comment

Well unfortunatly I can't make it to autozone today but I spoke with the guy I bought the car from and he said he attempted cleaning it and had no luck so I think I should just rest reeplace it. what do you guys think?

Comment

replace it if he actually attempted. Ask him how he did it lol, just to make sure hes not lying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X