This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 idles bad and runs rich

Here is the deal, i have an 84 jeep Cherokee that originally had a 2.8 Gm v6 in it. That motor was a POS and was replaced about 3 times so i decided to swap in the 3.4 SFI motor from a 95 camaro(exact same block so it bolts to the jeep ) The engine won't idle. (Surges like carb engine). Runs smooth for first 10 15 seconds on start., then rough idle starts. When doing the idle set-up with the car in drive engine starts to surge then I get check engine light after 2-3 minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Runs off idle.
    1984 Jeep Cherokee<br />3.4 SFI swap<br />4.5 rustys lift

Nice to have a LWB'er here with GM power :D Welcome!

Can you give us some more basic info: carb vs. injected? year motor? If injected, what computer?

And if you have pictures of your setup, I would be interested in seeing them [img]smile.gif[/img]

Steve
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

I'd check the plugs & wires first, and go from there. Could be a bad IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. A new one for a 3.4L is around $80-90 if I recall correctly. Like Steve said, I'd be interested to see how all this is set up in the first place. You say it runs fine off idle?
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

The motor is a pull out from a 95 camaro and I was told that t had 60K on it. I was going to transfer the carb from the 2.8 but decided what the hell i have the injection stuff, and i paid for it, so i used the SFI system. I have replaced almost every sensor on the motor or checked it with the ohm meter(in fact checked the IAC valve today and it was within spec). I also have replaced the plug wires and plugs along with ignition coils and base plate. Im using the harness and computer from the camaro but modified by a place called fuel injection specialties in san antonio. I have no clue what the problem is and really need to get this thing running right. I hope you guys can help.

Thanks, Tealv6 ill try to take some pics later this week.
        1984 Jeep Cherokee<br />3.4 SFI swap<br />4.5 rustys lift

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X