Belt tensioner looks bent forward help!!??!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belt tensioner looks bent forward help!!??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt tensioner looks bent forward help!!??!!

so to day i was on the interstate and my serpentine belt came off, and when i put it back on i noticed that the tensioner looks like its bent forward, and the belt is running a little over the edge. Any ideas as to why it looks that way?

Re: Belt tensioner looks bent forward help!!??!!

It looks bent because it is? (sarcasim couldn't be helped) Seriously though, it very well could be worn out / loose. If it looks bent, chances are it needs replacment. Last time I replaced mine it was like $40 for a new one. Real easy replacement (for the 3.4). couple of bolts, that's it. 3.8 could be a different animal.

Be sure to check that the other pullies are running parallel. The easiest method is to use a couple of straight edges (nice straight rulers, hacksaw blades etc). Place them across the pully faces and compare. Make sure none of the pullies are angled. The reason is, if the pully before or after the tensioner is off, the belt may run off the tensioner pully edge, but look okay on the pully that is bent. While the belt is off, make sure none of the pullies wiggle. You can also spin things and make sure everything spins freely with no abnormal noises.

Just my 2¢

Comment

Re: Belt tensioner looks bent forward help!!??!!

Aright thanks for the help, it was indeed very worn out and in need of replacement

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X