Missing During Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missing During Acceleration

I had this exact same problem. It turned out to be a faulty coil.

If you're concerned about the MAF for whatever reason, start by picking up a can of MAF cleaner and use that. It won't solve this problem, but it might smooth out your idle, and give you a bit better of a ride.

Comment

I second the faulty coil. My 95 did the same thing on the way back from a car show.
      Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

They are right. For misfires, the first thing you check (after codes) is the ignition system, starting at the plugs and wires. The codes may tell you which cylinder is misfiring so you can narrow it down (because then it may be a coil). If you have the "multiple random misfires" then you know it's something else because it affects the whole engine. So then you have to go from there with the troubleshooting. Don't just start throwing parts at it. You could spend hundreds and still not solve the problem.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

well i unplug the MAF and my car runs fine. so im pretty sure thats it i plug it in it runs like crap. and the check engine light isnt on so obviously no codes

Comment

Well, MAF sounds like your culprit then! You could try one out of the junkyard, at least to get you by for awhile.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Coil packs is a really common thing for misfires
              Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
              1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
              1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
              2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

maf are solid state they can last forever as long as nada happens to them so if you get one from a junk yard you prob never have to touch it again, but if your coil pack is bad and you unplug the maf and it runs good again theres sumtin terribly wrong....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X