eh....bad bad bad COOlent going somewhere. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eh....bad bad bad COOlent going somewhere.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eh....bad bad bad COOlent going somewhere.

OK. No milky oil. and no milky oil in radiator. Just like (that stupid radiator seal **** that comes to the top) :omg:its like a nasty Poop looking clumpy looking stuff. Anyways.

car idles very rough and when its held at wide open throttle to long. The water really goes.

I literally filled my radiator up and a day later was almost empty.

im freakin.my car usually barks the tires in second. (4l60e tranny) and now its having a hard time start.... THE OIL level has not dropped at all. what so ever.

Re: eh....bad bad bad COOlent going somewhere.

Have you filled up your radiator and sat there to see where it might leak out from?

I had a similar issue before, I flushed the radiator to get all that gunk out and replaced the upper and lower coolant hoses. There is also two plastic elbow pipes that sit behind idler pully I believe, those can crack and leak as well.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

stop freaking out and speak in sentences and then we can try to find out whats going on.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

sorry...I was not aware you could not put 2 and 2 together.

Comment

gonna have to dry everything off to see where it's coming from
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

If you can get it started and keep it running, fill with coolant or even just water at this point, since you'll be replacing it anyway, and get it up to operating temp, Since you are losing coolant that fast, the leak should become apparent as soon as pressure builds up. Good luck, I hope it's not a head gasket or anything serious. Also monitor the trans fluid level to make sure it's not getting in there.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I wouldn't run it for long or drive it ,since you risk ruining the engine if it is getting into the engine. Check #1 spark plug to see if antifrezze is getting suck through the TB/upper,lower intakes. I had a TB spacer once the comsite ones and it failed and antifrezze was getting sucked into the engine, finally it got so much the car wouldn't start. I found the problem by pulling the #1 spark plug and it smelled like antifrezze , so I took the TB off first and found the TB spacer had failed , looked like it had been ate away, never new what ate up the spacer but I was glad to find the problem. Changed all spark plugs and put a new TB gasket on minus the spacer and it was good to go. just make sure you check everything so you don't blow a engine. Good luck
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I agree, I would do what ssms said, it's an easy check.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X