Missfire on a Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missfire on a Firebird

Hey everyone sorry to make another missfire thread but its not for me its for someone else, and its something new that I haven't seen before.

Its on a 2001 v6 Firebird with like 155,000 miles. It has a missfire on cylinder number two and when the car is running and it is revved up to 2.5 and 3 on the rpms it makes a pretty loud noise. Kinda like a loud ping. It seemed to becoming from the top of the heads but I am not sure. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to provide them.

Thanks

Re: Missfire on a Firebird

Pull the spark plug and see what it looks like, actually do all of them since its high milage. Could be a injector of #2 not firing and and thats your nosie. If the plug is white then its lean and the injector has issues. Also make sure the coils are working and the wires are not arching , same story as the other threads just need to pinpoint the problem before spending money on none needed parts. Good luck.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X