oil pump broke??? car in shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pump broke??? car in shop

something went wrong on my car today. i was driving and it said check guages and i look at my oil presure and its at 0 i pull off the road, and call a toe truck, they take it to a shop, has this happened to anyone, if it has how much did it cost how long will it take the mechanics????

dont know if this matters but about 1k miles ago i changed the oil w/ 10w-40, and i checked the oil and it was full

[ April 28, 2002: Message edited by: michael ]

[ April 28, 2002: Message edited by: michael ]</p>
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Did the engine seize or act funny - or did it just occur? Perhaps the sensor died - theyre known to be faulty.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

there was no problem with the engine, yet... i couldnt even tell there was a problem, but i saw the engine oil low, and a few days ago i noticed the pressure was running low, checked the oil, and it was fine, today it dropped...
      Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Comment

My gauge was doing the same if you don't trust the advise about just changing the oil pressure gauge then take it to a mechanic you can trust becuase I have freinds that take there cars to eny were and they get charged for trouble shooting... that can get expensive... check the lines going to your oil pressure gauge as well becuase sometimes the lines get weak and crack or durty...

Comment

this sucks, this is gonna cost me 500 bucks
          i have to now spend my irs money on it :mad:

Comment

michael try the cheap alternative first, replace the sending unit, its like $40 from a dealership, thats how much i paid, i had the exact same problem as you and it fixed it...just thought id let you know this so you dont get screwed...
            R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X