need help with window regulator 2002 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help with window regulator 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with window regulator 2002

First this flat wound spring falls off, but the window still works fine for about 6 months. But nowthe whole regulator setup has fallen down. I'm pretty sure the part of the regulator under the spring has now also fallen off. I've seen a picture of the whole mechanisim as it shuold be. But no detail as to what holds the spring and arm to the door panel. Has any one had this happen. And is there photos of the parts. I would asume that it's the proceedure for regulator replacement. Pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Re: need help with window regulator 2002

There is probably a writeup somewhere, but I can't think of any off hand. I've never done the swap so I can't be of much help. I'm going to move this to general tech for more views.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

that entire ***. is very easy to replace. do the motor while your in there.

there are 2 track in the door (top and bottom) your gonna have to get your arm inside the door to place it(easy for me with my tiny arms) just sits there
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

+1 for replacing the motor as well when you are in there. grease the tracks up real good too.
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I am going to need to tackle this job as well in the near future. What hold the regulator in place? Is it rivets? Do they get replaced with bolts?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
            I am going to need to tackle this job as well in the near future. What hold the regulator in place? Is it rivets? Do they get replaced with bolts?

Thanks...
            yes you drill out the rivets and use bolts on the replacements. not that bad to do
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone. I took out the old regulator assemble this morning. The pin that holds it together had broken loose and was laying in the door. I cheated though. I welded it back in and reassembled it. The motor and so forth had been replaced by the previous owner with an after market one. We will see how long it lasts.

Comment

good work!
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                  yes you drill out the rivets and use bolts on the replacements. not that bad to do
                  Thank for the info. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by eteamer View Post
                    Thanks everyone. I took out the old regulator assemble this morning. The pin that holds it together had broken loose and was laying in the door. I cheated though. I welded it back in and reassembled it. The motor and so forth had been replaced by the previous owner with an after market one. We will see how long it lasts.
                    Nice work..!!! Glad to hear you fixed it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X