Headlight problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight problems

Since owning the car I've had to buy a new pair of headlights every year and its really pissing me off.:rolleyes:

GM Sucks.

Last night my cars passenger headlight went out which means I'm gonna need a new pair by the end of the summer.

Are there any alturnatives to the LT1 body style headlights?. I'm serious have had it and I'm searching around for a set of BMW angel eyes and perhaps I can fab something up.

Re: Headlight problems

Cheap fix.
    I believe them spring clips that hold the glass headlamp are the key for long bulb life. Without them, every road bump, pothole or rut shakes the filament and the bulb begins a slow if not immediate burn out. Reform them springs or check to see if you have them actually. I know them Sylvanias or Wagners aren't cheap!

Time consuming fix.
    I have actually witnessed my passenger side bulb seemingly blow out in front of me but when I flick on the high beam circuit several times it comes back to life. Maybe you are having a short somewhere. Look to the electrical wiring schematics for the problem.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I went HID's and just sealed them in with silicone and haven't had any problems 3 years now, I would check for maybe a short somewhere, near the drivers airbox there is a big wire loomed wiring with alot of wires in it which I think alot of the front headlights go through and the grounds coming off the top radiator support section or to the right and left of it. Might grind down the area and reinstall. I also run a 8" fan for my tranny cooler off my one of my fog light harnesses.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex View Post
        Without them, every road bump, pothole or rut shakes the filament and the bulb begins a slow if not immediate burn out. Reform them springs or check to see if you have them actually. I know them Sylvanias or Wagners aren't cheap!

Come to think of it Colorado Springs roads are really that horrible.:omg:

We have nothing but pot holes and road bumps its really disgusting, I need to replace my suspension but I don't see the point on doing so if they won't fix the damn roads!.:twak:

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Might grind down the area and reinstall.
          ^This solved a headlight issue I was having a few years ago, similar to yours, except mine would blow almost every time I drove...
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X