hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard

so I was gonna take my brakes in to get inspected but decided not to. I think my rotors and pads are okay for now... but braking is still hard... local napa guy told me it might be a power booster vaccum or something.. sits behind the master cylinder... any experience, guess it is easy to install.

well,
    Just find a shop you trust. Ask around. a simple brake inspection should be free. make them show you what is wrong if they as for 'a lot of money becuase a whole bunch of stuff needs to be fixed.' If so then get a second opinion.

it might be something very simple.

It sounds like you might be kinda new at fixing cars. not ragging on you. But a basic Haynes manual for your car is important to have. it has trouble shooting sections as well.

visualy inspect your mster cylinder to see if it is full of brake fluid. It is 'see through plastic' so you don't have to remove anything. it should be atleast 80% full (or there abouts)

Then check behind that for the Booster VAC hose. It is black and about 1" diameter. check to make sure it is still attached to the booster on one end and the engine on the other. Also check that hose for cracks, etc. use your hands and feel the back of it as well.
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Asking if anyone had any experience installing them because I know what the problem is... I have checked everything. so it must be the power booster...I try to work on my car myself whenever possible and wondering about installing this myself.

[ March 14, 2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: 97rs4life ]

Comment

ohhhh he prettied up my reply... listen grayman I work on my car alot...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X