Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't crank few specific questions.

94 camaro z28 auto
    if the neutral safety switch is bad... will it only stop the starter, or cut power to the injectors.

if its a security issue will that stop the starter as well as the injectors? i've always thought it was just the injectors on these vehicles but have been reading contradicting statements. will the security light just stay on, or will it flash in a situation where that is causing the no start?
    thanx

Re: won't crank few specific questions.

ok well.. i'm going to answer my own questions and ask more...
    security issues do kill power to the starter.
    not sure about the neutral safety but i think its j/power to the starter.......

heres my issue... i can't get it to crank... i'm not getting power to the neutral safety yellow wire, while turning the key to crank. i also bypassed the starter relay (theft deterent relay) it was not getting power to it.. i think its the ignition lock ignition switch.. anyway to know which is bad?

Comment

It can be the ignition switch. If you have a security light on, you won't have any power at all to the starter. I can't remember, but does your car have the resistor in the key?
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

neutral saftey switch does not shut off the injectors, it just prevents the starter from working.

the only thing that will cut the injectors is the VATS/BCM

this is just some info, but your problem doesnt seem related to either of those.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X