lights won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights won't work

I have a 96 firebird, for some reason my blinkers don't want to work. I have checked the relay for the blinker and it is fine. My hazard lights work fine, all the bulbs are good. When I engage the turn signal on the column, the lights come on but don't blink. Shortly after that it always blows the fuse, which in turn disables the reverse lights as well. I was wondering if anyone had ever came across this problem. Or if it may be the turn signal cam in the steering column that I need to replace?
    96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

My turn signal light would blink every now-n-then, or everytime I hit a bump. Turns out there was a bulb in the rear tailights that was partially broken at the filiment. Whenever I hit a bump it would either contact or disconnect. I replaced all of the bulbs and the problem went away.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

All the bulbs work fine and I can never get it to blink. Thanks for the reply though
      96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

Comment

Also hockeyman, did you ever blow a fuse with your problem?

Comment

There are two seperate relays for the blinkers...one for turn signals and one for hazards...be sure you check both.
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

I checked both relays and they both work fine. Thanks for the suggestion though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X