Where to install oil temperature sensor? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to install oil temperature sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to install oil temperature sensor?

Would anyone know where would be the best location to install a oil temperature sender? Is there a test port on our 3800 V6 engines?
    99 Camaro RS - 3.8L V6<br /><br />Modifications<br />Exhaust: Magnaflow OBD-II High-flow Catalytic converter / Magnaflow catback exhaust<br />Intake: Shaved Airlid / 3\" PVC tub<br />Suspension: V8 springs / DeCarbon shocks / 32mm 1LE swaybar / 19mm rear swaybar

Re: Where to install oil temperature sensor?

You could probably T off of the oil sending unit just above the oil filter.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
      You could probably T off of the oil sending unit just above the oil filter.
      that is what i did with a few cheap fittings from home depot
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
        that is what i did with a few cheap fittings from home depot

me too
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

X3 , thats where I plan on doing. Or I might T it when going into my turbo since I have to tee for it so I might just tee it before the turbo so I don't have alot of fitting off the front cover.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

does anyone have a picture?
            99 Camaro RS - 3.8L V6<br /><br />Modifications<br />Exhaust: Magnaflow OBD-II High-flow Catalytic converter / Magnaflow catback exhaust<br />Intake: Shaved Airlid / 3\" PVC tub<br />Suspension: V8 springs / DeCarbon shocks / 32mm 1LE swaybar / 19mm rear swaybar

Comment

sorry to hijack, but can i replace the original oil pressure sender with an aftermarket for a gauge with no problems? i believe i unplugged it and it ran fine. i j/ didn't know if it went to the computer at all.

Comment

by t-ing off, do you mean tapping the oil pressure sensor? can I have both oil temperature and oil pressure readings?

Comment

Originally posted by benoh with camaro View Post
                  by t-ing off, do you mean tapping the oil pressure sensor? can I have both oil temperature and oil pressure readings?
                  no you dont tap the pressusre sensor. you take off the pressure sensor screw in a pipe T so now you have two oil outputs for both the pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor.

Comment

ooh, that makes perfect sense. thanks for the info. i'm off to home depot.

Comment

lol just dont forget you need a pipe nipple too, to screw the tee into the sending unit.

Comment

would you happen to know the size of the fitting? is the pipe nipple and t fitting a 1/4npt?

Comment

yea im pretty sure that what it is. but i'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X