Jet Chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Chip?

I'm thinking about buying a Jet Stage 2, if someone could answer the following questions i would greatly appreciate it.
    1. Does it eliminate the speed limiter?
    2. Will it cause an SES light?
    3. Will it mess up my speedo?
    4. Are the gains that good?
    1994 Camaro A4<br />Mods: Custom Intake

Well I'll attempt to answer a few of your questions.

1. It doesn't do anything to the speed limiter, I can still only go 118mph but I get there faster than a stock RS, trust me.

2. I never got an SES light, a friend got one because he stuck his Jet Chip in the wrong wire harness. I have heard of people getting SES lights for all sorts of things though so ya just never know.

3. It doesn't do anything to your speedo. All it really does is alter some readings and signals to try and inhance performance.

4. I'm not sure on this one. Some times I think it is and other times I think it hurts me more than helps me. It used to be the only difference between some friends cars and mine and I was hitting 15.7's while they were hitting 16.0's. I never raced my car when it was stock and there's no dyno around here but from what I've heard and can tell, it does alright. Oh yeah, if you can do like I did and get it for $200, bought mine from a local Chevy dealerships performance parts store and I think they messed up on the price.

Good luck, hope it helps.
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

The chip seems cool, but how come everybody is always selling theirs? Are they really worth the money?

Joe
      All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

ppl sell them, like I am, because they don't want to run premium. Or if they are in an area w/ only 91 octane gas, the chip doesn't work quite as well...

here is my experience
        intake & jet chip - 15.4
        intake & cutout (no jet chip) - 15.4
        intake, cutout & jet chip - 15.095

Took 3 tenths off my time, no help in the top end, lots of help down low. Its a good product, but I am moving on to other things. You can't use it w/ nitrous or forced induction, so if you are planning that, there is another reason to sell.

And if you are looking for one, I'm selling it for 170 shipped for 2000-2001 automatics
        2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

1) No it doesn't eliminate the speed limiter
          2) No the SES light will not come on. Basically if you don't plug the chip in correctly, the car won't start so you'll know if you messed up.
          3) It won't mess with your speedo.
          4) The company claims like 15HP. I'm guessing 7-10 on my car.

Basically the only thing this chip does is modify the timing by 5 degrees and changes the air/fuel ratio. Jet also recommends using high octaine gas with it (this is what the tech person told me on the phone). Hope that helps.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AznL32:
          I'm thinking about buying a Jet Stage 2, if someone could answer the following questions i would greatly appreciate it.
          1. Does it eliminate the speed limiter?
          2. Will it cause an SES light?
          3. Will it mess up my speedo?
          4. Are the gains that good?
          <hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X