were did the freon go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were did the freon go?

I just recharged my Ac, and 30 minutes later it no longer blew cold air. I used a can with leak detector, and I didn't see any signs of leaking. Where should I check?
    95 convertible 3.8 series II

Just because it doesn't blow cold air, does not mean it's out of freon. Do you have a pressure checker. Test the high-side and low-side (gauges available at the part stores). That'll give you a better idea of what's going on, if it's just a bad compressor, bad accumulator, etc. Could be as easy as a faulty cycling switch. Can you tell that the compressor is actually cycling, as in putting a drag on the motor instead of spinning freely?
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Originally posted by saved1:
      I just recharged my Ac, and 30 minutes later it no longer blew cold air. I used a can with leak detector, and I didn't see any signs of leaking. Where should I check?
      It doesn't have Freon it has RU 130 or some equivilant... ;) Otherwise what Matt said
      2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Just a little more info, It is a 95 firebird with the 3800 series II motor. I don't know if my last reply went through, so I will give it a try again. After putting the R134 in, the high side line got cold and the ac compressor started cycling, and I could tell the motor was being pulled down. I drove to the store to get a can to top off the system, and as I started putting in the second can, I noticed that the line was not cold. It got cold as the R134 entered the system, and the compressor kicked in. But the same results, now cold air within and hour. Thanks for the help.

Comment

sorry for the type-o, I menat no cold air after an hour.

Comment

you are gonna have to check the pressure man, then likely start looking again for a leak
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

i had this problem with my 96 maro i acuatally blue something in the dash board that isnt common to blow on gm's i cant rember exactly what it was. Was vacum/pump something i took it to a a/c place they fixed it was 500$ [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
              We got this thing its called RADAR LOVE.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X