window button broke - just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

window button broke - just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window button broke - just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly

my power windows still work, so i don't need to replace the motor. i DO need to replace this little button, but it looks like i need to get the whole button assembly.

i've never done this before and i'm paranoid about breaking off any more little plastic pieces.

has this happened to anyone? is it just a matter of unplugging the two white electrical plugs and the dark grey electrical plug from the black plastic piece that houses the buttons?

Thanks again for any help/advice

Re: window button broke - just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly

they pop right out. just dont push to hard on the clips and you'll be fine

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Unplug both electric connectors, and if you need more room to work on it, you can unplug the power lock switch and mirror switch along with them and remove the bezel. The plastic window botton should easily click right back into place without a problem. I would imagine that you could use crazy clue to keep it in there if it doesn't want to stay on its own. Plug everything back in and your good to go.

If the connectors seem like they don't want to come loose, don't force them. Wiggle them around a bit and they will pop off. I have had to do this a number of times, it's not difficult.

If you do break anything however, don't hold me responsible :poke:

Comment

dont bother trying to glue it, been there done that and it worked for like a week and broke off again. theyre like 3 bucks each.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        Or this

Comment

awesome guys, THANKS. vanbibber, where do you get these switches?? I was going to wait until Saturday to go to a junkyard but if you can get these buttons at store I could get this fixed tomorrow.

Comment

if i remember right you can order them thru places like advance auto or autozone

Follow me!
            Or this

Comment

Yup, Advance Auto has to order it in. I'll head over there tonight and put in the order. Here's the part number and info in case anyone needs it: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web..._562254604___#

Comment

thanks for posting the link sir, it should be useful for others sometime.

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

Not a prob, I finally got that part in and finally had time to mess with it. Power windows work great now! :)

I do have one last question though...how does the button housing stay on? Is it just held on there by some sort of adhesive that goes around the lip of it? Around this part I mean:

Can you just use superglue or gorilla glue for that?

Comment

iirc, there should be a clip here (red) as well as one on the other side, opposite of this one... check down in the opening, it may have fallen out when you removed it... if you have the clips it should just snap right in
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X