vortec v6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vortec v6...

on my cousins '96 a4 camaro on the engine it says vortec on it. it came with the car like that (bought it used). Any ideas why? I didnt think camaros have vortecs.
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

got rice?

lol, j/k... I dunno, maybe the guy that owned it before him wanted people to think he had a Vortech s/c on it... who knows. Or maybe a Vortec engine... lol... you can never tell what some people will do.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

i do beleive chevy made a 4.3L vortec engine
      its possible that someone swapped engines???
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Yeah, there's a 4.3 Vortec V6 in mid-90's model Chevy Blazers. That would be a pretty major swap, though, and hopefully whoever was selling it to him would have told him they did something like that! :eek:
        \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

Where exactly does it say Vortec? Valve covers can be replaced and I'm sure Chevy sales some that say that. Is there a number on the engine anywhere telling you how big it is?

My mom has a 4.3 in her Jimmy and that thing is slow but I've heard they can be fast in S10's. Chevy does have a ZZ4.3 crate engine that comes with 270hp and 290hp if you give it headers and 3" exhaust. That wouldn't be a bad engine in a camaro but I'm not sure if it would bolt up to the tranny right.
          1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

It wouldn't bolt up to a 5spd but it would bolt up to a 6spd or an automatic out of a Z28 or T/A
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Vortechs are a big hunk of crap with plastic spider gears and when chevy brought that out their I.Q dropped 100 points and they officially went back 30 years in automotive design.
              Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                Vortechs are a big hunk of crap with plastic spider gears and when chevy brought that out their I.Q dropped 100 points and they officially went back 30 years in automotive design.<hr></blockquote>

The Vortec is a series of V6 & V8 engines produced by GM. If you find a spider gear in an engine, you post & let us know, since they are generally found in the rear-end.
                2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Vortec heads for the SBC are about the next best thing becides sliced bread. Instant 50-80hp $500 bolt on. Too bad they dont make these for the 3.4 or 3.8
                  Ric Johnson<br />----------------<br />1995 Pro AM III #12<br />3.4 A4<br />KN FIPK intake with ram air mod<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />RKSport IAT sensor <br />ASP Underdrive pullys<br />TB Bypass<br />PF52 larger oil filter<br />3.42 non posi rear end<br />DeCarbon Trans Am shocks<br />Eibach pro series springs<br />B&M Shift Plus+ (best $40 ive ever spent)<br />Custom made billet alum front end inserts<br />Interior trim painted to match the car<br />Awia CD player with factory bose sound system<br />Viper alarm system<br /><a href=\"http://www.proam.webhop.org/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.proam.webhop.org/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X