I'm sure this is a dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this is a dumb question

I just took my '96 to a radiator shop to get my nasty coolant flushed and filled. They reverse flushed it, cleaned out the overflow bottle and replaced the radiator cap. Took a little bit and when I picked it up and drove home, nothing was out of the ordinary.

My car has been sitting in the garage for the past three hours when I decided to take a look at the coolant to see how it looks. I remove the radiator cap and I can't see any fluids, even with a flashlight looking down the hole.

Now when I took the car in, the water level was just a little below the radiator cap so I'm not sure if THAT was not normal or right now not seeing any liquid is normal.

Re: I'm sure this is a dumb question

Originally posted by InvalidUserID View Post
    I just took my '96 to a radiator shop to get my nasty coolant flushed and filled. They reverse flushed it, cleaned out the overflow bottle and replaced the radiator cap. Took a little bit and when I picked it up and drove home, nothing was out of the ordinary.

My car has been sitting in the garage for the past three hours when I decided to take a look at the coolant to see how it looks. I remove the radiator cap and I can't see any fluids, even with a flashlight looking down the hole.

Now when I took the car in, the water level was just a little below the radiator cap so I'm not sure if THAT was not normal or right now not seeing any liquid is normal.
    im pretty sure that the drive was kinda long right??? so the engine had to cool down which would take some of the fluid into the engine. Which makes the radiator low. so yes normal but pretty much either way you should at least be able to see radiator fluid. no matter what so it must be low

Comment

just put more in, the air bled out while you were driving it which caused the fluid to be low

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        just put more in, the air bled out while you were driving it which caused the fluid to be low
        or that yes lol :o

Comment

I just took it for another drive to monitor the temps and on both a freeway drive and neighborhood drive, the temps are fine...a tad lower than before the change.

Also, the coolant overflow bottle is full...above both the full cold & full hot marks on the stick.

Comment

fill the rad up with some coolant/water. It may take a few drives to get the level back correctly, its just bleeding out.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Make sure you use the proper coolant...I forget the name but had to use the orange coolant in mine.

Comment

also make sure the hose going from the reservoir to the radiator is clear, you can just take the hose off and run some water through it and then take a pipe cleaner to the attachments at the radiator and the overflow reservoir
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X