Purple or Max for 135,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple or Max for 135,000

I want to give a try to Royal Purple For my 135,000 mile camaro. I've been using valvoline maxlife+Lucas stabilizer, and I love the combination. My question is if royal purple provides the aditives for the same or more protection to high milage engines just as Maxlife.
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Purple or Max for 135,000

Or Mobile 1 fully synthetic 5w-30? I have been wondering the same thing about using Royal Purple. Good question!

Comment

Royal Purples is gonna gush out of your VC gaskets like water over Niagara Falls!

Comment

stick with the max life. been hearing bad things lately about royal purple
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Thank you 97rs4life and tkoforpresident for the red flags!
          Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

It's not that Purple is bad. It's there are better options out there for the money.

Comment

stick with what has worked for you in the passed, there is no reason to start changing anything now, especially at that mileage

Comment

Well, I was interested only to get better performance, but without sacrificing high mileage additives.

Comment

I wouldn't bet on much performance increases from just changing oil.

Comment

i love the valvoline max life been useing ever since i got my car 70k ago still running great but my gf's dad has been useing royal purple in his 350 suburban since the day he got it and now its got 300k on it and still runs strong so it sold me but i cant afford it lol

Comment

Well, I have heard wonders in this forum about this oil (sometime ago) and the publicity makes you think that it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                        i love the valvoline max life been useing ever since i got my car 70k ago still running great but my gf's dad has been useing royal purple in his 350 suburban since the day he got it and now its got 300k on it and still runs strong so it sold me but i cant afford it lol
                        thats because it is a 350, the sbc's are pretty much indestructable, if i recall, GM tested one with no oil or coolant and it ran for ~2 hours before seizing up

Originally posted by borispeed View Post
                        Well, I have heard wonders in this forum about this oil (sometime ago) and the publicity makes you think that it's worth it.
                        it is a good oil, dont get me wrong, but IMO it should be used for applications that really take a toll on an engine, like frequent high RPM useage, or pulling, you wont see any beneficial stuff on a street car, its a huge waste of money.

my car has almost 150k on the odo and i use 10w30 pennzoil, non synthetic. When i had my oil pan off, my bottom end looked really clean, no sludge, and nothing was burnt, i cleaned one of the main caps with a solvent, and it cleaned up to look almost brand new

Comment

I don't know much how Purple would work for high mileage cars, but it's been great for my car.

Ofcourse I use Mobil full synthetic on my Fiero that has 170k.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I love RP , so far it has been great, I run 20W50 since its so hot in AZ for the extra protection, ran Mobile clean 5000 before that 10W30 but with my mods and whats going in I feel the 20w50 will hold up alot better and protect the main bearings alot better in the heat than 10w30. Also use RP for the rear and its been great. RP for the power steering, radiator and soon transmission since I haven't had any problems with it, might be higher in price but aslong as it takes good care of the car , I'll pay the extra. Not too many CO. make fluids for the entire vehicle so thats a plus in my book. I haven't heard anything bad about RP, just the ZMAX crap and their lawsuits.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Valvoline FTW I run full synthetic and I love it, wont use anything else...ever.
                              3M MAFIA
                              ________
                              | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                              Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X