Wierd High Pitched Noise comming from rear end - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wierd High Pitched Noise comming from rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd High Pitched Noise comming from rear end

I was driving my car tonight, after I let my dad borrow the car for the afternoon, and when I started it up there is now a weird high pitched noise coming from the rear end. (I'm not ever letting my dad borrow my camaro again haha). The sound isn't coming from my speakers, and it isn't my A/C causing this problem. When i got out of the car to listen to where it was coming from, it sounded to be coming from the lower rear near my exhaust (which has never give me problems, its the Magnaflow 15693 BTW). I really cant get a good look at it right now, since its raining outside, and its past midnight. Any ideas as to what it could be? any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you,
    Bob
    Last edited by Bobd1001; 04-24-2010, 11:43 PM. Reason: misspelling

Re: Wierd High Pitched Noise comming from rear end

If it's a high pitched kind of whine, it's your fuel pump.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

That sounds about right.... will I need to replace it ASAP?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobd1001 View Post
        That sounds about right.... will I need to replace it ASAP?
        it depends on car to car.

some people claim when they started hearing the whine their fuel pump died within a week, my fuel pump has been whining for almost a year now and everything is great.

it whines pretty loud when i start my car at night and let the ebrake off so the headlights turn on and cause an electrical drain

Comment

Mines been whining for 6 months. But I've had others quiet as can be still die in a day.

Best plan, prepare for it atleast. Put some money away for maybe a upgraded one, that way when/IF it does kick the bucket, you wont be surprised.

Comment

Mine's whined since I got the car... 5 years ago. Fuel pressure's just fine and everything. Some are just louder than others. Maybe try replacing your fuel filter if you haven't done that recently and see if that makes a difference.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

mine whines when its hot outside but since i've changed my fuel filter it hasn't done it. so try that like pace said, its like $8 and take 10 min plus its good to do anyway lol

Comment

Great, thank you for the info. I will definately try changing the fuel filter. Can I do this myself easily, or should i just have my mechanic do it?

Bob

Comment

Do it yourself. It's fairly simple. Here's a write-up on how to do it.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...11&postcount=2
                  '99 Camaro
                  '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                  '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X