Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking

I was changing my starter and everything on my 3.4 and noticed there is water leaking from over the flywheel..... Is that a hose or could it be a block leak? Although the car isn't overheating or anything.

Re: Leaking

Could be intake manifold gasket leaking. The heater hoses run next to the motor, so I don't think its them.

Be sure to check your oil for being contaminated with water. It will look light brown, or maybe just a cream cheese looking goo under the oil fill cap. Its serious, and can cause major engine damage if water is leaking to the inside of the block, as well as outside.

Comment

I dont run the AC at all, but I just started putting water in it since I had to add some every few days. Since I have a rear main seal leak tho I can't really tell if water is in the oil, but the car runs okay. Is it hard to check for a freeze plug leak or a Air Intake leak? Im Assuming the Air Intake is the thing on it that says 3.4L SFI on it?

Comment

It may be a little challenging to check the freeze plug that I am thinking of. Theres one on the drivers side, top of the block. 95% sure its right about the tranny. See if thats leaking with a mirror or some sort.

My motor I put in has a plug in that.. plug.

And yes, the upper air intake is the 3.4 SFI casting piece. Also known as the plenum. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X