dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dying

So I am still having this problem. Car dies when coming to a stop, usually on a hill. It doesn't happen every time, occasionally but still annoying. Not sure where to ever start. I doesn't sputter or any thing just sudden idle drop to 0 and dead.

Re: dying

I was thinking IAC but it doesn't idle high or anything and it only does this coming to a stop after driving a bit.

Comment

You might check for a vacuum leak, brakes are vacuum boosted so it causes a change in pressure(or lack thereof as it is) when you use them, could be causing erratic behavior

Comment

Poor idle and stalling when letting off the gas or coming to a stop is a symptom of an EGR stuck open. Or, if the engine speed slows down in a linear fashion as you slow down until you stop and it stalls, that could be a stuck TCC (if you have an A4). But that would feel like if you were coming to a stop with a manual transmission and you left it in gear. But that would feel like a bump-bump-bump right before it dies.

Does it sound like either of these?
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

maybe this is not your case,but i want to share it either way......when my 3.slow ummm sorry..3.4 did that ,, i was using the a/c.......the thing is ...it needed some freon in....

Comment

Tim, that could be because I noticed a long time ago it was a little harder to brake. I happened to be saying this in the barber shop and the autoparts guy was there and suggested the brake booster. Never thought that would affect the engine so I just have dealt with it since then.

Comment

how old is your alternator/battery?

i would clean the terminals on the battery and put a tiny bit of grease on them to prevent corrosion.

The reason i say this is if you have a weak spot or bad battery connection, the car may stall when hitting the brakes, i have a car sitting in the garage and i use a weak battery and a charger to start it.. when i hit the brakes it instantly stalls out, if your battery is a bit weak, it may happen if the alternator cant get a good enough charge on it.. just a thought.

Comment

Checked all that. I think this vacuum leak is sounding good.

Comment

1 of your injectors could be bad, mine did this also about 7 years back.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

IDK if this is it but mine started doing this like a year ago but it stopped. ended up being the crank shaft sensor.

Comment

check battery and alternator connections too.
                      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X