Fuel pump installed (walbro 255)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump installed (walbro 255)

I opted for the walbro 255. for 69 bucks:rock:. I hate to modify quite a few things but its in.

BUT now I'm having an issue.:rant:
    WITHIN the first 4 min of start up or so. the car has like no power. (when i floor it, it acts like im at half throttle but then get more power gradually.)
    Then after a little bit. it runs perfect. IDK whats going on. ALSO when i turned a corner real real fast, i floored it and it wanted to stall.

Re: Fuel pump installed (walbro 255)

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see whats goin on. The fuel hose you hooked up to the pump has a tendency to come loose so you may not have much fuel pressure if you have a bad connection. That happened to me and my fuel pressure would hold around 22psi and then when I would floor it, the pressure dropped.
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
      Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see whats goin on. The fuel hose you hooked up to the pump has a tendency to come loose so you may not have much fuel pressure if you have a bad connection. That happened to me and my fuel pressure would hold around 22psi and then when I would floor it, the pressure dropped.
      yup same thing I would suggest. Sounds like maybe the hose is not on all the way
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I was going through the same thing awhile back. And it was a loose hose. Make sure to clamp it.

And since you're so damn close, if you need a hand with any future mods just let me know.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I had the same problem when I did the fuel pump on my Astro many years ago. Luckily the tank was really easy to get out of that piece of junk.

Did you do the access hole or did you drop the tank?
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yeah...now my car is starting to idle speratically and when i first put it in. I checked the pressure and it was at 59 psi. but It doesnt miss. just acts like im at quarter to half throttle when i floor it. Like I can turn and have it floored and it wont even turn tires.... before it would break sideways like no tomorrow. HEck yeah blizzard22. lets get together sometime. Id like to have a camaro/corvette meet sometime.

Comment

Did you cut an access panel or drop the whole tank? Is 59 your idle pressure? That seems a bit high. My key on pressure is like 52, then it drops to 42ish, and my idle pressure is 43ish. Where did you get the walbro from anyways?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

that was idle pressure, i got it from tre performance and yeah..its pissin me off, im getting speratic engine acceleration when under wide open throttle. It doesnt miss. and I cleaned the mass airflow and literally checked everything. accept the fuel pump connections. and YES i did do the trap door :tup:

http://treperformance.com/i-873-chev...econfig=444736

Comment

what's your fuel psi with the engine off and the key on?

Comment

That's no walbro. Either way, check your fpr. Pull the vac line from it and see if there's any fuel coming out of there. Mine went out on me after I installed the new fuel pump. After so long it maybe gets weak and the higher flow volume from the new pump could be enough to make an O ring or a diaphragm inside go. Just a guess.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

checked my fuel pressure today. and idle and half throttle is all at 5lbs of pressure. and has a hard time getting fuel past 3 thousand rpm. i havent checked the pump for loose hoses...but cmon>>.???a pump that goes out in 4 days...

Comment

still think you need to check your pump and see if the hose came off it or is starting to come off it. That would explain why the low psi

Comment

Right, don't blame the pump just yet. Check those connections since that's a common problem. Luckily the trapdoor will make it easy to check.
                          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I just checked the pump. A loose hose was the cause of the low psi and now the car runs like a top and better than ever.

The TRE performance pump seems to work pretty damn well. for not being a walbro. But it looks identical.

Comment

Originally posted by thedetailman View Post
                              I just checked the pump. A loose hose was the cause of the low psi and now the car runs like a top and better than ever.

The TRE performance pump seems to work pretty damn well. for not being a walbro. But it looks identical.
                              good to hear, yea it is a common problem for when a fuel pump is just put on. I drove mine to college after my walbro. Had it in the parking lot. Then it wouldn't start. Glad I did the access panel as I had to open it up and put the hose back on it as the pressure blew it off. Clamped her tight and it has been good since

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X