What are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these?

I drew some arrows. This girl is missing things off her camaro 3.4 and has had a lot of problems with the car shutting off and the SES light and check gauges light. I was wondering if this could contribute to her problems?

Re: What are these?

Air Conditioning lines.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
      Air Conditioning lines.
      think it would cause those symptoms? It has black residue on the exhaust pipe too. I told her it might be her o2 sensors as well. She's changed plugs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek3.4 View Post
        think it would cause those symptoms? It has black residue on the exhaust pipe too. I told her it might be her o2 sensors as well. She's changed plugs too.
        the ac wont cause a SES light.

Comment

I didnt think so. But I'm trying to diagnose her problems. The car dies suddenly and I don't want to tell her something wrong. Don't know anyone around here that can read obd1 codes either...

Comment

Originally posted by Derek3.4 View Post
            I didnt think so. But I'm trying to diagnose her problems. The car dies suddenly and I don't want to tell her something wrong. Don't know anyone around here that can read obd1 codes either...
            cant you stick a paper clip in the OBD port and have the car flash the code its getting?

the car just dieing is most likely a sensor problem like the IAC, or TPS

Comment

I tried, but i couldn't get that method to work. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Theres a certain number of F-Body's pre-obd-2 that used a funky/different wiring setup, where flashing CODE 12 (aka paperclip thing) doesnt work. I have one of said F-bodies. The only way I could get codes was with a Tech 2 Scanner. Tried 3 different Snap-On scanners and anything else I could get my hands on, but nothing but the Tech 2 worked.

I even routed all new wiring!!

But I would start with getting the codes, because frankly, its a cluster **** if you don't. What it sounds like, is a bad air fuel ratio, and theres enough variables that you could spend WAAY too much money diagnosing without codes to aid.. Like I did.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X