Car not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car not starting

Alright my car won't start but only sometimes. It will crank over and start but then die immediately but today it didn't even crank. But it did start after 2 attempts it did finally start. It's not the battery and I can't really get it fixed this week because there is a carshow I need to be at Friday night Saturday and Sunday. Please help

Re: Car not starting

did you get the battery tested? also check battery connections.

security light flashing at all?

Do you hear the fuel pump coming on?
    Last edited by whitdog54; 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

ok so your saying the battery has enough power to start the vehicle and it will sometimes start and run but die shortly after?

fuel delivery problem?
      not firing? and maybe losing fire after it has started?

someone else mentioned on here before it is very hard to diagnos vehicles over the net. good luck with the problem and keep us informed.

Comment

The battery is only a year old and yeah we are gonna check possible problems in my autos class. I had an idea it would either be fuel or spark an just wanted to make sure and have somewhere to start

Comment

When it does start, does it labor to do so? My starter went out a few weeks ago, and the telltale noise was that it sounded like the starter motor was coughing and laboring.

Comment

How's the fuel pressure? Can you use a mechanical gauge to check? The description sounds to me like fuel pump is dead. It sputters on whatever is in the fuel rail and dies.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneEightSeven View Post
              How's the fuel pressure? Can you use a mechanical gauge to check? The description sounds to me like fuel pump is dead. It sputters on whatever is in the fuel rail and dies.
              I was thinking the same thing. I would also check the battery connections, but if it is laboring to start or run then it wont be a problem with the battery.

Comment

Alright we checked the fuel pressure it is 42psi at idle and 38psi revving at 2k. We are gonna replace the fuel filter and possibly the fuel regulator before we go to the fuel pump

Comment

My ignition switch went out and caused this problem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X