ECM!? ICM?! PCM?! wht is UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM!? ICM?! PCM?! wht is UP

:mad:OK My car is running like garbage (missing, backfiring, hesitating, stalling, has NO POWER, (i can floor it and it has a harder time running vs just letting it be) I press the peddle half way down and it tries but just starts to die.

Ive replaced. SPARKS PLUGS>PLUG WIRES>ICM>COILS>o2 sensors>and cat.
    MASS AIR flow is fine.
    Throttle position sensor is fine.

It just doesn't wanna run. (i let it sit for about 30 min and tapped on the PCM) i then started it and it ran for a good 7 min then BAM. running like **** again. IVE tried using the same method but no such luck.

its a 97 camaro 3.8

PLEASE HELP....anyone. I'm suppose to leave for Tennessee soon.
    Last edited by thedetailman; 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM.

Re: ECM!? ICM?! PCM?! wht is UP

any codes?

Comment

is it running rough all the time? as in does it idle alright? if it will idle fine then let it warm up and then try the throttle. because on start up your o2s aren't actually doing anything until you hit closed loop.

Comment

Crank or Cam sensor?
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

if you have a drive-by wire throttle body, my guess is that the actuator has failed

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

(meaty shells) I do not have a fly by wire.
            -
            (accident prone) and this IS with the car hot, I've tried it with the car cold. warm. and hot.
            -
            (Mogobs) i really dont know at this point. Do those symtoms sound like i could have a bad crank sensor? or a bad PCM.?

Comment

vac leak???? bad fuel??? fuel pump going to crap. You said you replaced coils, did you replace with an OEM NOT MSD? Have you tried replacing your fuel filter, ever??? lol that is an over looked item.

Comment

fuel is new. no vacuem leaks...(how do i check for those.) i cant hear any.
                there oem coils. the fuel filter under the car is a fram one and it looks new.

Comment

Originally posted by thedetailman View Post
                  (meaty shells) I do not have a fly by wire.
                  -
                  (accident prone) and this IS with the car hot, I've tried it with the car cold. warm. and hot.
                  -
                  (Mogobs) i really dont know at this point. Do those symtoms sound like i could have a bad crank sensor? or a bad PCM.?
                  You're not going to know its a bad PCM unless you either 1. get a scan tool hooked up to it or 2. get a multimeter and start checking voltages from the outputs of the PCM.

First thing is first, you need to have the codes scanned. You need to see what P codes you're getting, you have to be popping some off....
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

What are p codes?
                    cause i know im going to have misfire codes. and i know im going to have a bad o2 code/ (for behind the cat)

Comment

P codes are diagnostic codes that the computer uses to interpret problems with the engine/drivetrain. Take your car to Autozone, and they'll scan the car for free, and give you a readout of what codes are popping on your car.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

problem...i cant get the damn thing there.

Comment

problem...i cant get the damn thing there.
                          Then take another car and buy the scan tool. Or rent it.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

i just went out and tried to start it. and it started. but will not go. (as in i put it in drive and the car literally misses so badly that it has no power to go and then tries to stall.)

would a fuel filter cause a car to MISS that bad and keep running?

Comment

i just went out and tried to start it. and it started. but will not go. (as in i put it in drive and the car literally misses so badly that it has no power to go and then tries to stall.)

would a fuel filter cause a car to MISS that bad and keep running?
                              Not really. Scan the car. Without the codes, we're all just shooting in the dark as to what the problem could be. You'll end up throwing money at the problem if you can't properly diagnose it. Scan the car.
                              1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X