97 3800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 3800

Is my engine restricted on one side more than the other? I mean, on some cars, the intake is really crappy or the exhaust is anything but perfect. I want my first mod to be noticable. I've got a pretty blue bottle in the hatch but I need more power than that.

Any ideas where I should start?
    Clay Kreiling<br />1997 Camaro 15.767@88.24MPH

a new exhaust system would be good then. That is noticable and nothing beats a nice deep exhaust. CAI is good also.
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

My personal experience is that I got a muffler and didn't really notice much performance. But when I added the intake, it was much better. Intake and exhaust work together well. Do them both. I'd say the intake on a 97 is the weakest. Its so crimped off. Get the slp one or make your own!
      Is that time you have with or without the giggle juice?

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]</p>
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

when i first added my intake i didnt notice anything at all.....but when i added the exhaust it made a huge different. in my opinion also i think they work great together
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

I believe I agree with some of the others. I put on tha Lingfelter CAI and a Flowmaster 80 series, and noticed a difference. High insight being 20/20, I would recommend you check out Thunder Racing for the SLP CAI, it drops down into the fender well, which I think will allow it to grab the maximum amount of air, that will run you about 200.00 for about 17 hp. As for the exhaust, go with the Edelbroch Catback system. I highly recommend doing a full cat back, I just did the muffler, and now I am thinking about having a 3 inch intermediate pipe custom fitted on my car. If you're willing to pop for it, headers wouldn't be a bad thing to go ahead and do, RKSports makes a ceremaic pair for our cars that are $500.00.

Hope this helps you out.
          1997 Camaro. Lingenfelter Super Tube CAI. Flowmaster 80 series w/ dual out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X