Mod Bug Has Hit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Bug Has Hit!!!!

Hey guys. The mod bug has hit me and I am tired of seeing these little imports spend money in there cars to make them run high 15's or in the 16's the majority. Then they come up to you and say, "I'm almost as fast as you!" Yeah I guess you are after spending like $10,000 in the car. So this is what I want to do. Tell me about everything you can think of to run 13's-low 14's. I already know that N2O, or forced induction would do wonders, but I don't really have the money just yet to go that extreme. I relly want to see my car in the mid 14's SO BAD! Thanks for the help guys. Vic
    <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Gears LSD and intake and exhaust stall converter. That will get ya there.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

So lets say that I went with 3.42's, LSD, a 2800-3000 Stall, SLP cold air, and did my exhaust I could be close to what I want to run? Now with the exhaust I know a guy that can get me a new muffler that would go on the Y87 cars. Would that be good enough with a high flow cat, and 2.5in-3in. all the way back or do I need to get something better? I was trying to make it still sound stock. Just really haven't heard any aftermarket systems that I like. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Comment

I would say it will take more than that to run 13's. Maybee that would be more like a mid 14 if your lucky. And nitrous really aint all that much. It sure is alot cheaper than all that stuff.

Comment

I would love to run 13's but I would be happy with mid 14's I mean everyone around where I am isn't really that fast unless they have spent money in there V-8. So 14's would put me right there with the big guys with little mods and best of all I would really kick some A** when I race the imports from school. Hey thanks a lot for the help and keep the suggestions coming. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

3 in Cat back with a highflow cat woudl work good.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

www.supersixmotorsports.com [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Ask Nino on the board about this one. Besides that, I'd say you're full intake/exhaust + lsd and 3.73's would probably be your easiest/cheapest and most common route to getting you where you want to go just a little quicker...
              1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

For the gears, get 3.73's. For your exhaust unless you're going to get ported and polished heads or forced induction don't get 3 inch exhaust. Well, you can get the 3 inch exhaust if you don't get headers, but I would recommend headers. You could get a cam if you don't want to spend the whole 1500 from SuperSix. I believe the cam is like 300 and the installation should be about the same. With all these mods you'll be spending a good deal of money that you could put into a blower. I would also recommend a muffler better than the Y87. The reason you probably didn't like the exhausts you heard were most likely due to the fact that they were just the muffler and nothing else. If you open up the exhaust just about everything sounds good. I personally would go with the adjustable Borla. That way, you can tune it to how you like it.

Here's a good list for you to follow and change to your liking.

Cold Air Induction- 200 + shipping
                Headers- 500(RK Sport) or 650(CIA) + shipping
                High flow cat- 90 + shipping
                S pipe to match cat bac exhaust- 75-100 installed
                I pipe from cat to rear section exhaust- 125 installed
                Borla cat back(New)- 600 + shipping/ used- 450
                Torque converter- 700 + shipping
                3.73 gears- 150 + shipping
                LSD- cheapest is 100( I would get an Auborn Pro but it costs like 430) + shipping
                Installation for rear end- 100 + shipping
                Speed correcter- 150?? + shipping
                1LE aluminum driveshaft-200 + shipping
                ( the 1LE DS is a great mod)
                MSD Iginition- 430 + shipping
                Coil Interface Units- 100?? + shipping
                Wires- 50
                Springs- 200 + shipping
                Relocation Brackets- 60??? + shipping
                Sub Frame Connectors(DD)- 210 + shipping
                1LE Lower Control Arms- 100??? + Shipping
                Panhard Rod- 100 + shipping
                Sway Bar package- 320-350 + shipping
                Tires???- 600

Around $3600( with out suspension)
                Around $4600( with suspension but not with tires)

These prices don't include tax nor shipping which will probably be about 1/4 of the cost of the mods. Also, don't forget installation unless I included it.

A final thought: whatever you do don't cut corners. Make sure everything is done correct and always get as much information about what you're doing as you can. The last thing you want to do is spend money and time to fix a mod. Good luck and have fun.
                1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Move to Texas, that outta drop .5 off your ET :D

3.42's (if you really want the speed and less gas, 3.73's), LSD, 2.5" pipes, hi-flo cat, dual out muffler, CAI, tq convertor, shift kit (if you're an A4, didn't pay attention), take out the MAF screen (maybe)...

and yeah, nitrous isn't all that expensive... if you got a bottle of n20 on the car for maybe $500, that alone would get you to mid 14's or lower, and $500 is a lot less then all that other stuff combined would do. If I were you, I'd pick two, maybe three of those things above, and get a bottle of nitrous.
                  Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the replies! I do see what you all are saying about N2O being a lot cheeper to get where I want to be. Plus if I were to run N20. I still would have great drivability I would think or am I just not understanding that even though the N2O isn't running all the time its still going to mess with the drivability? The reason I ask is I don't want to lose much of the driveability of the car. I have a '69 Camaro with a 502c.i. in it for playing with at the track and just would like to get a little better performance out of the street car. Know what I mean. Thanks again for the help guys.

Comment

gears, lsd, intake, exhaust, 2800 TC had me at 15.0.
                      nitrous alone with your present time will prolly get you there also. 15.0
                      still that isnt bad coming from a 15.8.

then when i upgraded my suspension i was able to hit 14.8.

then when i put the power pack in i was able to get 14.45

now i predict 14.3 with my current mods not being finely tuned. i will find out next week.

granted this is only after spending thousands and thousands of dollars. no lie!

[ April 28, 2002: Message edited by: nino ]</p>
                      6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X