Replacing fog lights on 00 Trans Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing fog lights on 00 Trans Am

Can anybody help me out on an easy way to get to my fog light bulbs?!?! It's driving me nuts. My hand is too big to fit down that small space. The front of the lamp has a screw at the top with a spring but it won't pop out. I don't understand.

Does anybody have a diagram or something?

Re: Replacing fog lights on 00 Trans Am

The screw with the spring is the aiming adjustment. Take a look at the underside of the nose, and there are doors that open so you can reach inside to service the lights. Just a few push pins and you should have access, and its big enough to fit a big hand through.

SI says:

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
    2. Remove the push pin retainers that are located at the bottom center of the front fascia.
    3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the fog lamp.
    4. Remove the fog lamp bolts.
    5. Remove the fog lamp and bracket from the vehicle.

Comment

Crap I was hoping I wouldn't need to go under the car and I could just reach it from under the hood. Why are birds/TA's so difficult from something so simple as headlights? smh...:rant:

Comment

Do you have a basic jack and jack stands? If not, Sears has an inexpensive set that will work for this type of maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by KingJames View Post
          Crap I was hoping I wouldn't need to go under the car and I could just reach it from under the hood. Why are birds/TA's so difficult from something so simple as headlights? smh...:rant:
          haha welcome to f-bodies man --- if it can be a pita, it will be a pita.

i just had to change out a burnt out front signal bulb over the weekend, and had to jack up the car half a foot (it's lowered on top of being difficult), lay on my back just to get the deflector bolts out, then finally reach up to change the stupid bulb. fog lights are the same story.

i can take both headlight assemblies completely out of my jeep faster than i could change a bulb on the 'maro --- comes with the territory i guess ;)
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

best bet is to get under it and just take the whole plastic splash guard out to get to it easy, its a pain the ***. hell even getting the damn new bulb in there is a pain. i broke 2 of them before i got one in, then my luck the freaking thing burnt out 3 days later LOL. have yet to fix it again.

if you think fog lights are bad, wait until the headlight motors sell the farm and go ape**** crazy. my passenger side one was damn near on fire.
            Last edited by vanbibber; 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

The 93-97 'maro's as far as I know, you have to remove the front bumper cover to change the front fog lights. Once you've done it, its not bad. Unless you live in Iowa and its the first time those bolts have came off in 16 years. Had to drill and thread 7 bolts from that adventure.

Comment

on my 00' it literally takes me five minutes to replace any fog light or DRL drive up on block wood and 10mm socket is all you need. headlights maybe 10 minutes.

93-93 is another story.

Comment

freckin changing the front blinker was difficult to me..it's right in the middle of where it's real low to maneuver ur hand down to get and kind of high to maneuver your hands up thru the bottom..

Comment

getting under the front of the car really isn't TOO bad...at least my hand can fit through after I remove the splash guard...unlike my wife's corolla...My hand got cut to pieces just changing a headlight bulb....

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
                      freckin changing the front blinker was difficult to me..it's right in the middle of where it's real low to maneuver ur hand down to get and kind of high to maneuver your hands up thru the bottom..
                      maybe its differnt on camaros

But if you have difficulty changing a fog light or DRL on a 98-02 bird/trans am, then I really dont reccomend that you do any work on your own vehicle. I wouldnt even reccomend you wash it yourself lol. Im not bashing, but seriously, its 2 screws and a turn of the hand.... t/a is a wee bit more difficult, but hardly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X