3.4L bottom end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L bottom end

anyone have any idea how much power a 3.4L motor's bottom end can handle before it goes bust?

Re: 3.4L bottom end

no idea, crank up some boost on her and see what it takes. :)
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well, right now i'm running a powerdyne with the 6psi pulley and i just ordered a 9psi pulley. But i was thinking of possibly running some go go juice as well with the blower. I just wanted to get an idea of how much power i could force out of it. Is nitrous a bad idea with the blower if my motor's not built for that kind of a setup?

Comment

I've been running 15 lbs of boost on my stock bottom for years with no problems. Use a good synthetic oil 10w -40 for some added protection. I wouldn't go over 400 hp with only 2 bolt mains.

Comment

damn, 15psi of boost, well I guess I have nothing to worry about then, thanks for the info

Comment

I would suggest under boost plenty of fuel, retard timing and I've always ran an intercooler and water injection to keep the pistons happy.:rock:

Comment

Without an intercooler (ever try to stick one in a Fiero?) I have run 13 psi with no problem at all for many years.

Stock crank and rods but forged piston set.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X